Monday 20 April 2015

What are YOU reading? #265




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


Billy and Monster collection by David Chuka
Children's, 5 years +
10E/10E
(A very funny collection of 5 stories about a a boy and his monster!)





Death Wish by Megan Tayt
Young Adult, Paranormal
10E/10E
(Riviting read which isn't what you think!!)





The Innocent Assassins by Pema Donyo
Young Adult
8/10E
(Being a teen means having to be an assassin, who are kept in the dark about the ruthlessness of their bosses...)





Ricki the Warlock by Charlotte Levenson
Children's, 9 years +
8/10E
(Being taken seriously as a warlock isn't easy...)





Mermaid by Cerrie Burnell and Laura Ella Anderson
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Words can't fully describe how magical this mermaid adventure is!)









Listened


Summer with My Sister by Lucy Diamond
Contemporary
RELISTEN - 9/10E
(I had to switch to other books as sometimes I get too annoyed with Polly's attitude to life, as it's drastically different to mine. I do like Claire's entrepreneurial side which I can relate to.)





The Teashop on the Corner by Milly Johnson
Contemporary, Shop fiction
10E/10E
(I wasn't paying attention for the first hour so I re-listened to it and absolutely loving it. It's a bit like Peppercorn Street by Anna Jacobs, which might be why Audible kept recommending it to me.)









Watched


PriPara
REWATCH! - Music Idol Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Still totally awesome watching how annoying Dressing Pafe are to Lala's team SoLaMi Smile, I both love & loathe them!)





Aikatsu
Music Idol Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Squeee! Mizuki is back with Mikuru! Love Double M for creating mayhem ^o^)





Sandy Jonquille aka Sandy Belle
Slice of life/Magical Girl Anime, French version
10E/10E
(I intend to do a post soon on why I seem to love anime from the 1980's. This is a super cute anime series, which is more upbeat (for now) than other shows I've seen. Sandy loves mucking about, but is good and plays with the younger children in her village. I adore her clothes – she wears odd socks! The difference is subtle but it's there and thus makes her cool...)





Winx:  Season 6
REWATCH! - Magical Girl Anime, English version
10E/10E
(In a few months I can have the next volume of this ace series which gets better every time I watch it!)





Spice and Wolf
REWATCH! - Slice of life anime, English version
10E/10E
(I love Holo! I promise to say more when I review it, but Holo is hilarious, sweet, and addictive to watch. I love her clothes ^o^)





My Little Pony Friendship is Magic:  Season 4
Fantasy Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Still watching new to me eps which, to quote Rainbow Dash, are awesome!)





Once Upon A Time
Fantasy Drama, English version
10E/10E
(Another show that gets better the more I watch it!)









Games, craft and more
I've barely played any games this week as I've been too tired. Hopefully next week I'll get to play more.  Craft wise I've been working on my competition piece. Several redesigns later and I've settled on a simple but effective rainbow pattern...



When I was too tired to have to pay attention to colour changes I did a few more squares for one of my 2015 Spring Collection blankets, which I hope to finish by the end of April. Yes I'm aware that's soon and I have to complete my competition piece first. I'll just be very busy!  No sewing until I've finished my competition piece, after that I'll be working hard on it :)





No comments: