Thursday 30 April 2015

A Monster's Moved In by Timothy Knapman and Loretta Schauer (Children's, Picture book, 10/10E, short 'n' sweet read)

March 2015, Little Tiger Press, 32 pages, Paperback, Review copy 

Summary from Little Tiger Press
It’s raining and Barnaby is bored. Then he has a brilliant idea: he’s going to make a den. “But a monster might move in!” say Mum and Dad. Barnaby’s den is made of cushions and bits of sofa – far too cosy for a monster. But playing by himself isn’t much fun and soon Barnaby wishes a monster would move in. BIG MISTAKE!

Nayu's thoughts  
This story made me laugh, especially when the situation was reversed. Seeing and reading about Barnaby making a den made me think of the elaborate ones I had both inside and outside the house when I was little. I can safely say I never met a monster, although I did meet royalty and characters from Louisa May Alcott's Little Women, as well as Florence Nightingale. The monster meets seems a bit mischievous and creates some havoc, but helps Barnaby laugh and have fun. Imagination is a wonderful thing! 

Find out more on Timothy's website and Loretta's website

No comments: