Friday 27 March 2015

Zeki Loves Baby Club by Anna McQuinn and Ruth Hearson (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

  April 2014, Alanna Books, 24 pages, Paperback, Review copy

Content: music, activities

Summary from Alanna Books
Zeki and his friends sing, read, stretch, clap, wiggle and zoom to the moon! Zeki and his friends (and their parents) sing familiar favourites and young readers will love to see their everyday world in a story. 

Nayu's thoughts
I haven't had any reason to go to a baby club, so I was intrigued about what goes on there, being too young to remember my own experiences when I was little. Zeki's story provides a fun insight to such clubs, which involve a lot of singing and moving. I like how all the interactions enhance the bond between the child and their loved one, how the book can explain to some children what will happen when they go there (maybe the older ones go along). I think the book would make it possible to recreate similar songs and actions at home, so that if readers can't go to the club they can still have a go at the activities.

No comments: