Wednesday 18 February 2015

Peppa Goes Ice Skating (Children's, Picture book, 10/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

I feel Peppa would be saying WHEEEEEEEEE here!
 October 2014, Ladybird, 16 pages, Board Book, Review copy

Summary from Ladybird
Peppa and George are going ice-skating but they have never been ice-skating before and Peppa keeps falling over. Mummy Pig teaches Peppa to skate and soon she has lots of fun. But when Peppa tries to teach George it turns out he is better then everyone! 

Nayu's thoughts
Yes I'm trying to get this review out before summer, as Peppa is ice skating in winter, rather than on a rink. I'm still fairly new to Peppa's world, and seeing her in winter gear made it an extra fun read for me. It made me smile how over confident Peppa is about her skating skills – I think all readers can relate to elaborating on their talents at one time or another. Peppa does eventually get the help that she needs to be able to skate, which she then passes on to her brother George with more confidence, which this time is earned. I'm quite sure little readers will pretend to be Peppa when they go ice skating!

Suggested read
Read more of Peppa's tales including Peppa Pig: My Daddy (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E)

No comments: