|A book event? Great!!|
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ASPIRING WRITERS AT
THE LONDON BOOK FAIR
Agent one-to-one sessions and The Write Stuff competition -
Call for Entries!
News for release, Wednesday 25 February 2015: The London Book Fair (LBF), the UK’s biggest gathering of international publishers and agents, has announced a Call for Entries for its Agent One-to-One programme and The Write Stuff competition, which are part of a whole range of initiatives on offer in Author HQ - LBF’s home for writers and aspiring writers, sponsored by Kindle Direct Publishing.
Agent One-to-One meetings will give authors an invaluable opportunity to talk directly to an agent from a leading literary agency about their books, seek advice about any stage of the writing process and receive direct feedback on pitches and ideas. Back for another year, The Write Stuff, a Dragon’s Den-style panel event, will see ten authors pitch their books to a panel of literary agents in front of an audience in Author HQ, for the chance to win a follow up meeting with an agent. Each pitch will be a maximum of 2 minutes long, with agents providing on-the-spot feedback.
Author HQ, launched as a response to increasing interest from the self-publishing community, is now one of the most popular features at the Fair. There will be plenty on offer there for both established and aspiring authors, including a three day programme of seminars, curated by Midas Public Relations. Now in its fourth year, the Author HQ programme has been designed to provide the knowledge, tools and insight writers need to make informed decisions about getting their work published in a world where conventional and self-publishing opportunities offer an ever expanding number of routes to market. A stellar line-up of industry experts including publishers, writers and agents will be taking the stage to share their secrets of how to get published successfully, and a number of authors will also be on seminar panels to share their personal experiences.
Further details on the Author HQ seminar programme line up for 2015 will be announced at the end of February.
*LBF HAS A NEW HOME FOR 2015*
The London Book Fair has moved to its new venue for 2015 - Olympia, West London, which means a new home for Author HQ too, which will be located on Level 1, Olympia Central. Visitors for Author HQ should access the Fair via the Olympia National Entrance.
All Author HQ @ LBF events are free-to-attend with the purchase of a three-day LBF pass which costs £35 (if booked in advance). Seminars are on a first come, first served, basis. Authors are advised to arrive early to avoid disappointment. For further details on how to enter for a place on either the Author One-to-One programme or The Write Stuff, please visit www.londonbookfair.co.uk/authorhq
Notes to editors:
· Writers who would like to apply for an Agent One-to-One are invited to submit their application by emailing email@example.com with a covering note and a synopsis of no more than 250 words about their book with the genre from the list below in their email subject header from the following list:Crime/Thriller; Women’s Fiction; Commercial Fiction; Literary Fiction; Children’s/YA; Non-fiction; SF/Fantasy; Other
· Spaces are limited, and an application does not guarantee an appointment with an agent
· Agents may request sample chapter/s of an author’s manuscript in advance of a meeting at LBF and appointments are being confirmed on the understanding that authors have complete manuscripts of their work available
· Deadline to enter is Wednesday 18 March 2015, 17:00 and successful applicants will be notified by Monday 23 March 2015, 17:00
· Decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered in to
The Write Stuff
· Authors wishing to enter The Write Stuff competition should email firstname.lastname@example.org putting The Write Stuff in the subject heading of their email and send a 250 word synopsis about the book they would like to pitch to the Agent Panel and why they should be chosen
· Deadline to enter is Monday 16 March, 17:00. Shortlisted applicants will be informed via email by Wednesday 18 March, 17:00 and invited to send in three sample chapters of their book, which will be required by Friday 20 March, 17:00
· The ten finalists will be notified on Friday 27 March, 17:00
· The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to
· Applicants must have sample chapters of their work available to be considered for entry
THE LONDON BOOK FAIR (LBF)
The London Book Fair (LBF) is the global marketplace for rights negotiation and the sale and distribution of content across print, audio, TV, film and digital channels. Taking place every Spring in the world’s premier publishing and cultural capital, it is a unique opportunity to explore, understand and capitalise on the innovations shaping the publishing world of the future. LBF brings you direct access to customers, content and emerging markets. LBF 2015, the 44th Fair, will take place from Tuesday 14-Thursday 16 April 2015, Olympia London. LBF’s London Book and Screen Week will run for the second year, with the book fair as the pivotal three day event within a five day programme. London Book and Screen Week will open with LBF’s Publishing for Digital Minds Conference on Monday 13 April, the day before LBF opens. Mexico is Market Focus country in 2015, following Korea in 2014. In 2014 LBF’s charity of the year was Book Aid International.
For further information, please visit: www.londonbookfair.co.uk.