Monday 24 November 2014

What are YOU reading? #245





What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.





Read




Princess Poppy Let's Dance by Janey Louise Jones
Children's, Picture book
9/10E
(This cute inner princess book focuses on being nice to everyone…)







My Little Star by Mark Sperring and Nicola O'Byrne
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Ideal bed time read with a bird that looks like my Zack!)







The Witch with an Itch by Helen Baugh and Deborah Allwright
Picture book, Children's
10E/10E
(Little witch learns getting in a mood does no one any good!)







Zeki Loves Baby Club by Anna McQuinn and Ruth Hearson
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A fun insight into what happens at a baby club, including lots of singing and moving!)







Nanny Fox and the Three Little Pigs by Georgie Adams and Selina Young
Children's
10/10E
(Not your usual fox and pig story!)







Slippers in the Oven by Roberta Aarons
Fiction
9/10E
(Sister saga going over the past while on a cruise is rather engaging..)







Bubble Trouble by Tom Percival
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(These two learn there needs to be a limit to competition…)







How the Library (NOT the Prince) Saved Rapunzel by Wendy Meddour and Rebecca Ashdown
Children's, Picture book
9/10E
(This Rapunzel seems more than a bit depressed for a while…)







Monstar Makes A Wish by Steve Cole and Pete Williamson
Children's, 5 years +
9/10E
(An alternate genie in a bottle tale…)





The Boy Who Made Things Up by Margaret Mahy and Jenny Williams
Children's
10E/10E
(This sounded like a good tale; I hadn't expected it to be a great one!)







The Railway Rabbits Berry and the Amazing Maze by Georgie Adams and Anna Currey
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E
(Lots of aww cute moments with these bunnies!)







The Railway Rabbits Bracken and the Wild Bunch by Georgie Adams and Anna Currey
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E
(New friends and a new enemy await Bracken when he runs away from home…)








Listened




The Beach Cafe by Lucy Diamond
Food Fiction
9/10E
(Another gem of a read in the stash of books where a girl in her 30s ends up chasing her dream of owning a cafe/shop which I absolutely adore!)







Murder on the Flying Scotsman by Carola Dunn
Crime
10/10E
(A bit like ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ but way more fun and with a female detective!)







Watched




Aikatsu
Anime, Japanese version (subbed)
10E/10E
(Wishing there were more episodes featuring Aikastu8 group!)







Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I know what Rhythm wears in episode 19 is a bit dire, but I think she looks super cute & has the confidence to carry it off!)







Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(At last Otoha is becoming a bit independent from Beru!)







Casualty
Medical drama, English version
10E/10E
(Lily got caught up in a murder with the murderer on the loose in the hospital!)







Holby City
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(Mo isn't all that nice to Adele…)







Waterloo Road
School drama, English version
8/10E
(A better episode than last week, still not as exciting and melodramatic as it can - ok so I hate infidelity plots too…)







Winx: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10E/10E
(This is a less scary season and way more enjoyable now.  I make good use of the fast forward button on the parts involving gross creatures…)








Craft, games and more
This week I've played on the usual 10E/10E Gameloft games…



…Ice Age Village has an amazingly cool event for 2 weeks-if I can collect crayons from animals I can get special fall/autumn themed items!!



My Little Pony is also expanding, and my friend is back on it so I can get extra hearts from her. I've got Rainbow Dash! And I'm saving up for Fluttershy.




Last but not least is Littlest Pet Shop, which is taking longer to level up because I'm on the last few stages for a lot of animals so it takes many hours before I can feed/clean/play with them.



Craft wise I've mostly been doing sewing, as I've needed to unwind. I've completed the umbrella and started on the purple and pink puddles!




Here's an updated pic of one blanket which I must finish this weekend.





No comments: