Friday 14 November 2014

Misty Falls by Joss Stirling (Young Adult, 9/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

So seeing this over again is making me squee - SQUEE!
October 2014, Oxford University Press, 304 pages, Paperback, Review copy 

Content: teen romance, lots of tense moments, a bit of violence

Misty has a 'gift' which means she can't ever lie. Alex is the charismatic star of the high school debate team - gorgeous, aloof, and utterly inscrutable. When they meet, chalk and cheese doesn't even BEGIN to cover it! But one of them is about to end up in mortal danger, and soon they'll discover they have more in common than they ever imagined.

Nayu's thoughts
I read Joss's first book (see suggested read), but that was a few years back and haven't read any others However, I loved the premise of Misty Falls, so said yes to reviewing it. I remember why I love Joss's books so much! I loved the way Misty's ability to lie can be both a help and a hindrance to her life. I adored how the paranormal talents seamlessly fit in with normal life as I know it - not that Misty's life is normal! 

I feel this easily could have become a super dark read, and I'm so glad it didn't. It's the balance between the types of conflict which Misty encounters, the humour which seeps through even in tense situations that had me devouring this book. I'm definitely putting the rest of Joss's titles on my wishlist! 

Find out more on Joss's website.

Suggested read 
Check out Joss's first book, Finding Sky (Young Adult, 10E/10E)

No comments: