Monday 15 September 2014

What are YOU reading? #235



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read 


Rise and Die by Ginny Gold
Cozy Mystery
9/10E
(A breakfast cafe owner is framed for murder of a cafe rival!)






Darcy Sweet Mystery: #1 Death Comes To Town by K. J. Emrick
Cozy Crime
9/10E
(Scary times ahead for Darcy!)





Storytime Magazine Issue 1 by Luma Works
Children's, 3 years +, 5 years +, 7 years +, 9 years +
9/10E
(Brilliant new magazine with no ads & lots of stories...)





Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Supervillain by Richard Roberts
Children's, 11 years +
10E/10E
(So awesome! Extremely inventive and fun to read!)





Pink and Green is the New Black by Lisa Greenwald
Children's, 11 years +
10/10E
(Book 3 has me wanting to read book 1 & 2 of this funny school drama [probably not meant to be as funny as I find it]...)





Werewolf Club Rules by Joseph Coelho
Children's, Non-fiction, Poetry, 5 years +
8/10E
(The opening hamster poem is brilliant!)







Frog the Barbarian by Guy Bass
Children's, 7 years +
10/10E
(Frog is back! Be warned, the end sucks in a good way...)







Shipwrecked and Dark of the Moon by Siobhan Curham
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Despite the covers, minimal snake sightings and not a lot of voodoo [which I don't like at all].)






Ivy and Bean Take the Case by Annie Barrows and Sophie Blackall
Children's, 7 years +
10/10E
(I never learnt what the mystery was! Learning about friendship is always fun though...)





Rendezvous in Russia by Lauren St John
Children's, 9 years +
10/10E
(Another awesome adventure with the 3 friends, one who has 3 legs and barks...)










Listened
I haven't completed any audiobooks but I have got a few new ones so I'm eager to listen to them soon.










Watched


Casualty
Medical drama, English version
8/10E
(Nope, you aren't mistaken. I did stop watching this the other week. Needing light shows while being overtired after waking early I watched last week's eps and for once rather enjoyed it. Although Charlie being steered towards retirement is an end of an era...)





Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Had the hilarious episode where both Ann and Ito's fathers discover what they do in their spare time-they do let them continue to work at the Prism Stone store, no fear there!)






Puri Para
Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Managed to see 2 new eps this week...which have me eagerly awaiting how on earth Sophie ends up with Lala and Mireille. Poor Sophie, captive to what her manager wants.)







Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Uh-uh, Aira and Rhythm have to learn how to use batapons [cross between a baton and pompoms}, which Mion naturally excels at!)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(I'm more in love with this cute series than ever! I did watch 2 of the later episodes so I could see Seira in action, but starting to race through the eps so content to be patient...)





Holby City
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
 (Quite a funny plot contrasted with the more serious one revolving round Zosia who is not quite mentally stable these days.)






Hotel India
Documentary, English version
8/10E
(Fascinating series about one of the oldest hotels in India. I'm puzzled why everyone speaks English all the time...is it the international language for hotels?)










Craft, Games and more!
The crochet coaster for a friend hasn't materialised yet, but, in keeping with relaxing and doing stuff for me on a Friday after work I've almost finished a pair of fingerless gloves!  Considering Winter (according to my body) is on the way, being  easily able to do 1 pair a week is essential. I haven't made significant progress on other projects yet.

Games...I've barely played any this week. I've had a run of waking early and being overtired after work, leaving extremely little brain power to focus on games. Hoping my body will start sleeping in. Soon. I intend to game a bit this weekend (which is the one before this meme is out). I tried playing games on my tablet but I had to give up quickly.



No comments: