Monday 11 August 2014

What are YOU reading? #230





What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


Dragon Loves Penguin by Debi Gliori
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(By far the best of Debbie's books! Mega cute!!)





Milly, Molly and Beefy by Gill Pittar and Cris Mordell
Children's, 5 years +
9/10E
(Bullies never prosper!)





Ever After High: The Unfairest of Them All by Shannon Hale
Children's, 11 years +
9/10E
(I love Cerise so much! [aka Red Riding Hood's daughter])





A Knight's Tale #1 Getting by Claudia Burgoa
New Adult
8/10E
(Lots of cases of people not communicating properly, and a few seriously nasty occasions with some humour and family values at it's heart...)





Opal Moonbaby Forever by Maudie Smith
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Reading the last book first hasn't mattered a bit as I love Opal, and especially Garnet!)







When Angus Met Alvin by Sue Pickford
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(If only all Alvin's in the world could be taught manners how Angus did!)





Gigantosaurus by Jonny Duddle
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(A dino version of the boy who cried wolf!)





Made by Raffi by Craig Pomranz and Margaret Chamberlain
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A fantastic tale to promote knitting and craft is not just for girls!)





Milly, Molly and the Train by Gill Pittar and Chris Morrell
Children's, Picture book, 5 years +
 9/10E
(The girls learn about littering and help others not to do it...)





Milly, Molly and the Tree Hut by Gill Pittar and Cris Morrell
Children's, Picture book, 5 years +
10E/10E
(The girls' friend learns life away from the tv is rather fun!)





Milly, Molly and the Patchwork Quilt by Gill Pittar and Cris Morrell
Children's, Picture book, 5 years +
10E/10E
(The girls' class gets creative, and learn a great lesson in being frugal...)





Florentine and Pig and the Spooky Forest Adventure by Eva Katzler and Jess Mikhail
Children’s, Picture book
10E/10E
(Chock full of adventure as well as tasty food and clever craft items to make!)










Reread


The Babysitters Club: Super Special #2 Baby-sitters' Summer Vacation by Ann M. Martin
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(I was almost squealing as as I reached my favourite parts because it was as good as I'd remembered, even the teasing and getting ill parts!)








Listened


Tuesdays At the Castle by Jessica Day George
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Another incredibly captivating series by Jessica-it has a living castle!)










Watched


Emily Owens M. D.
Medical drama, English
9/10E
(The more I watch, the more I love it and feel sad it only reached 13 episodes for 1 season!)





Puri Puri
Anime
10E/10E
(The cliff hanger on the end of episode 2 was so intriguing I broke my once a week only watch and put the 3rd episode on!)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Squee! Finally Ran is friends with Aoi and Ichigo. 'Oni' [demon] coach Ran will soon appear!)






AKB0048
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese

10E/10E
(Ah, it's like going back to see old friends. This time I love all the girls!)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(So excited that Mion is making her debut, much to Aira's delight and Rhythm's disbelief!)






Avatar The Last Airbender:  Season 1
REWATCH! - English
10E/10E
(I'm rewatching this from the beginning, and had forgotten just how amazing Katara is! Totally love her as a heroine! Alongside the Avatar, Ang, of course!)





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Season 2
REWATCH! - Anime, English
10E/10E
(Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Spike all let popularity/attention go to their heads!)





Holby City
Medical drama, English
9/10E
(Happily more humour balanced out a pretty sad story line about dementia...)





Littlest Pet Shop:  Season 1
Anime, English
10E/10E
(The final episode was so touching! I cried a bit at the extremely happy ending!)










Craft, and games
Tada! I finished a lap blanket for a friend, and finally remembered to take photos of it for you to see. ...



...that's all I've been working on craft wise. Gaming has been pretty much the usual.



I'm slightly convinced My Little Pony by Gameloft switches the availability of the Wonderbolts pony Fleetfoot to coins instead of winning it in a game right when I don't have the money for her! Still doesn't stop me giving it 10E/10E.





Another game with top marks is Littlest Pet Shop also by Gameloft. Still no pet or building that I can buy with money, but its fun playing with the pets.





Ice Age Village is plodding along in my saving for a long neck dinosaur (can't remember the full name so using the Land Before Time phrasing).





I deleted Sally's Spa Luxury Edition from my device because there still wasn't anything extra to buy which was more than annoying as the game became dull and samey.





I did expand my game collection with Monument Valley, not Mounted Valley as I'd convinced myself. Mega stuck on this seemingly architecturally impossible game involving a silent white princess. The music and sound effects are too creepy for me.



No comments: