Monday 4 August 2014

What are YOU reading? #229





What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


Working On My Novel by Cory Arcangel
Non-Fiction
8/10E
(Full of tweets including the expression in the title...)





Posie Pixie and the Fireworks Party by Sarah Hill and Sarah Mauchline
Children's, 5 years +
9/10E
(Posie has fun preparing for a firework spectacle, with help from her friends!)





Seal Island by Julia Green
Children's, 9 years +
10/10E
(Grace gets one bittersweet week on her own with her grandmother on a beautiful island...)





Milly, Molly and Mipper by Gill Pittar and Cris Morrell
Children's, 5 years +
9/10E
(Encouraging environmental conservation!)





Happy Birthday Royal Baby by Martha Mumford and Ada Grey
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(The royal baby's parents are surprised when they find out what he loves most of all....)





Paws and Whiskers: Cat and Dog Stories Chosen by Jacqueline Wilson
Children's, 7 years +
9/10E
(I preferred the cat stories!)





Milly and the Mermaids by Maudie Smith and Antonia Woodward
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Perfect for mermaid fans, all sparkly and enticing!)





Evie Brooks Central Park Showdown by Sheila Agnew
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Her dad turning up on the scene is as dramatic as the first book's ending!)





Princess Evie and the Forest Fairy Pony by Sarah KilBride and Sophie Tilley
Children's, 5 years +
10E/10E
(I want to be able to do forest magic!) 





Princess Evie and the Unicorn Riding Camp by Sarah KilBride and Sophie Tilley
Children's, 5 years +
10E/10E
(Riding camp has a mean girl who causes a lot of trouble...)









Watched


Holby City
Medical drama, English
9/10E
(Quite an intense episode without being balanced by a secondary plot full of humour...)





Emily Owens M. D.
Medical drama, English
10E/10E
(Less of a focus on romance and interesting story lines kept me hooked!) 





A Little Princess
REWATCH! - Anime, French
10E/10E
(I limited to 1 ep a day max as although I adore it, it turns out I need more happy anime to get me through the day...)





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, English
10E/10E
(It was fun watching Fluttershy lose the plot at the gala!)





Littlest Pet Shop
Anime, English
10E/10E
(Best episode of the series so far has to be when Blythe got shut in a bathroom with a Biscuit twin, who confessed she was only horrible to Blythe because her twin sister hated her!)





Winx: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, French
10E/10E
(Got to the episode where Bloom forms the Winx club! Yay!)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(I'm watching as much as I can because the concept of a star is in my current wip!)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream and Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(These two shows continue to get better each time I watch them!)





Puri Para
Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(4th series of Pretty Rhythm! Since only a few eps are out I'm watching one a week. It's slightly different, just as Rainbow Live was but its extremely squeesome!)





Cardcaptor Sakura
Magical girl anime, French
10E/10E
(I'm determined to finish this series before winter!)  









Craft, games and more
I've done a bit of sewing (finished the boots and nearly on the main part of the umbrella) and did a bit of crochet too - a soothing blue blanket for a sick friend. 

I've gamed a bit on the following:


My Little Pony by Gameloft
10E/10E
(Got the element of kindness! And a royal guard in Ponyville, plus a new stand in Sweet Apple Acres!)





Ice Age Village by Gameloft
10E/10
(Currently breeding a T-Rex baby in the new dino world part of the game which opened up this week and is for the traditional dinos!)





Gardens Inc From Rakes to Riches
10E/10E
(I love how the game play has changed a little in the higher levels which make it nicely challenging & one of my family has just loaded it to their device so there could be a competition on who gets the furthest!) 





Littlest Pet Shop
10E/10E
(A new mini game appeared but I havn't seen it since so not sure what that is about. Have bought all the pets I can get with kibble so hope they bring out more soon as it will take an age to get enough bling for some.)





Tropical Mania
10/10E
(New to me holiday resort management game, loses top marks because you can't adjust the music settings but really good fun despite the rather simplistic graphics.)





Sally's Salon Luxury Edition
10E/10E
(Time management game which so far is a big disappointment now I'm in higher levels because there hasn't been any items to level up for ages!) 





Winx Fairy School
10E/10E
(Squeeee! I'd waited a few months to get this and it is so awesome! I'm at Alfea, I can decorate my room, choose loads of clothes from Stella, take part in quests which require gaining spells and growing plants. I thought it would be ok as you have to wait for spells to happen but I'm so hyped about being with the Winx that the waiting doesn't matter! I now finally understand why fans of anything go crazy for games/theme parks.) 




No comments: