Monday 14 July 2014

What are YOU reading? #226


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


That’s What Makes A Hippopotamus Smile by Sean Taylor & Laurent Cardon
Children’s, Picture book
9/10E
(Plenty of daily activities make a hippo smile!)





Animals Ark: Kittens in the Kitchen by Lucy Daniels
Children’s, 7 years +
10E/10E
(An adorable start to a new to me animal series on audiobook – sadly I discovered it was abridged but a friend has discovered a lot of Animal Ark books in her loft so I’m hoping to read the full story at some point...)





The Boy and The Whale by Michael Moniz
Children’s, Picture book
9/10E
(A bittersweet tale about friendship at sea...)





Learning How To Speak by Crystal Vaughn
Young Adult, Non-Fiction
10E/10E
(A compelling true story of Crystal’s teen years as she struggles with depression & anxiety...)





Peppa Pig: My  Daddy, Ladybird
Children’s, Picture book, 3 years +
10E/10E
(A cute read with a focus on fathers...)





Peppa Pig: The Big Tale of Little Peppa, Ladybird
Children’s, Picture book, 3 years +
10E/10E
(Peppa discovers she was once a baby...)





My First Touch and Feel Book: Alphabet Fun, Little Tiger Kids
Children’s, Picture book
Activity book
9/10E
(Every letter is explored with a texture!)





Little Answer by Tim Hopgood
Children’s, Picture book
10/10E
(Little Answer [the thing] goes on a grand adventure to find its question...)





Circus Girl by Clare Pernice
Children’s, Picture book
10/10E
(A little imagination goes a long way!)





Bing: Something For Daddy by Ted Dewan
Children’s, Picture Book
10E/10E
(Bing is back!!!)





Hello Kitty: I Love My Daddy
Children’s, Picture book
10E/10E
(A father themed Hello Kitty read...)





Usborne Sticker Puzzle Holiday by Susannah Leigh & Brenda Haw
Puzzle book, Activity book, 5 years +
10E/10E
(A great adventure is ahead, filled with lots of puzzles and stickers!)





My First Sticker Activity Book: Farm Sticker Activity book & Baby Animals Sticker Activity Book
Children’s, 3 years +, 5 years +, Activity book
10E/10E
(An ace sticker/puzzle book duo!)





Artcards: Fashion by Heenie Haworth
9 years +, Activity Book, Sticker Book
9/10E
(Fairly large ‘postcards’ with figures to put on great outfits from the clothes stickers!)





Hello Kitty: Happy Birthday! 
Children’s, Picture book
10E/10E
(A charming read about what happens on birthdays...)





Me and My Daddy book set
Children’s, Picture book, Activity book
10E/10E
(4 books with a card and some stickers...)





The Secret at Haney Field by R M Clark
Children’s, 9 years +
9/10E
(Mysteries await a baseball mad girl...)





Me, Jill Robinson! A Seaside Mystery by Anne Digby
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Jill has a lot to investigate when on holiday her brother acts mysteriously with an unknown boy..)





Bing and Nero by I L Williams & Inci Alper
Children’s, 5 years +
10E/10E
(Bing makes his own pet – a robot!)





Jesper Jinx by Marko Kitti
Children’s, 7 years +
10E/10E
(Life is never dull with Jesper around!)





Algy's Amazing Adventures in Space by Kaye Umansky & Richard Watson
Children's, 5 years +
9/10E
(Did you know robots living in space have masters you won't want to meet?)





Sea Urchins and Sand Pigs by Cornelia Funke
Children's, Dyslexic friendly, 5 years +
9/10E
(Several short beach stories with different children having unusual adventures...)





Hattie B Magical Vet: The Dragon's Song by Claire Taylor-Smith
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E
(An awesome magical adventure with my type of illustrations [cute, fun, anime-ish]...)





Bright Star by Jenny Oldfield
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(This lovely horse story made me cry a lot!)





Stardust Stables: Wildfire by Sable Hamilton
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Trouble brewing from Alisa's rival is harder to manage than the fire stunts she and Diablo do!)





Stardust Stables: Free Spirit by Sable Hamilton
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Kellie's big break is put in jeopardy by her own brother!)










Watched 


Casualty
Drama, English
4/10E
(Once again it wasn't that gripping for me until the end...but I do think I prefer the inner workings of hospital rather than how the patients got there...) 





Jewel Pet:  Season 1
Anime, Japanese
6/10E
(This anime is cute but...not cute enough for me. The humans weren't adorable. I did come across an article online which said that the second season, Jewel Pet Tinkle/Twinkle was the first in the series to have a wide appeal [aka super cute characters all round!]. I tried watching this first season, but it just didn't grab my interest enough, so I moved on to....)





...Jewel Pet Tinkle/Tinkle
Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(Super cute magical girl show, great transformations, lots of humour, good moral lessons too!)





Aria the Animation
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(The girls haven't quite met Alice yet. Akari has met Ai who threatened to shout not so good things if she didn't let her ride in the gondola!!) 










Craft, games & more 
Finally got started on a baby blanket for a family member. I've also started a striped blanket for a child family member whose favourite colour is red (though I wanted a bit of a pattern so I feel adding the blue is a compromise)...I've also got this other yarn for another child family member, which will be getting made as soon as their sibling's is. 

Got yarn for another family member - who I don't think reads this too often - as they looked at what I'd bought without me paying too much attention, and ended up pulling it out...so I simply said "You weren't supposed to see that," and they put it back.  ^-^




Been gaming on the same 3 games... 


Ice Age Village by Gameloft
9/10E
Thanks to the football special event I have a lovely lot of [for now solitary] bonycaps!




My Little Pony by Gameloft...
...gets 10E/10E
Now going to spend a bit of time focusing on decorating the land, instead of saving for specific ponies/places...




Littlest Pet Shop by Gameloft
10E/10E
...had a fun glitch last Tuesday - a play area which gave me 10k of kibble was on sale for 100 kibble. 100. Not 200k+ as most other high earning play areas are. So i bought it, and it really does give me 10k! My friend is happy as she had a time glitch: instead of having to wait until the next day to play with some of her pets, the timer got reset so she could play straight away! Not all glitches are bad ^o^





No comments: