Monday 7 July 2014

What are YOU reading? #225




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Maddow
Young Adult
8/10E
(Life for the 3 sisters changes radically when their never seen father takes charge from their alcoholic mother...)





The Babysitters Club #5 Mary-Anne Saves The Day by Anne M Martin
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Fighting makes club business hard going for a while...)





Louder Than Words by Laura Jarratt
Young Adult
10E/10E
(An ace read about a teen who can't speak!)





Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Life for a friend whose best friend has cancer...)





A Season Without Rain by Joe Schwartz
Fiction
8/10E
(A story about never giving up when times get hard as Jacob discovers...)





Pooch Parlour #3 Passion For Fashion by Katy Cannon
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10
(Abi has a friend staying so they both help at the fashion show for both dogs and humans...)





Stardust Stables #1 A Star Is Born by Sable Hamilton
Children's, 11 years +
10E/10E
(This is a training school for teens who do horse stunts for actors!) 





The Castle by Sophia Bennett
August 2014 release
Children’s, 10 years +
10E/10E
(A new direction for Sophia which she totally nails in this thrilling adventure!)





The Secret at Haney Field by R M Clark
Children’s, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Curious goings on for a baseball mad girl to solve! Psst: don’t be put off by the sport – I’m not a sports fan but loved this story!)









Listened


The Quran
RELISTEN - Automatically awesome! 
(My pick me up gets listened to heaps more than usual as it is currently Ramadan. )





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic:
The Smile Song and The Laughter Song, both by Pinkie Pie!
RELISTEN - 10E/10E
(These are upbeat songs about having a happy outlook nearly all the time and laughing your fears away. It says a lot about Pinkie Pie's character and spread positive messages about friendship.) 









Watched


Jewel Pet Tinkle
REWATCH - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Rewatching the first few episodes of this super cute magical girl anime before settling into the rest of the lovely and long series which I haven't seen yet...)





Casualty
Medical drama, English
4/10E
(Having Connie run the unit didn't make that much of a difference for my enjoyment, so I'll keep doing other things while watching it. I don't give up because sometimes it's ok and there are few shows that I watch with my family...)





A Very British Airline
Documentary, English
8/10E
(An interesting documentary about the company British airways, with insights into all aspects of the aviation industry. Nothing overly bad, but some bits weren't as interesting as others...)





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic
REWATCH! - Anime, English
10E/10E
(Having heaps of fun rewatching this show, even more so now that a close friend is getting  into it too! [all because of the MLP game ^o^]) 









Games, craft and more
Still pretty much on the same games including...



Ice Age Village by Gameloft
9/10E
This week I got another football themed bonycap creature!




My Little Pony by Gameloft
10E/10E
...there weren't any glitches this week! Which seems to be a first. I FINALLY HAVE FLUTTERSHY! Well, will do before this meme is out but after I write the meme info (on Weds) as it takes 20hours for her house to be built. Crazy!





Littlest Pet Shop by Gameloft
10E/10E
...keeps getting better. I've leveled up my ladybug, sheep, husky and nearly got enough to buy a persian cat! I smile so much when I play this, which is why it was funny when my family looked at me and said 'You're playing on your pet game'. I was smiling away! 




Gardens Inc From Rakes To Riches by Intenium
10E/10E
I've only played one level this week but I managed to get the right colour flowers and trees to get the colour bonus - whoohoo! 








No comments: