Monday 23 June 2014

What are YOU reading? #223





What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




Read
Little got read as body was mostly on strike this week.


The Seventh Miss Hatfield by Anna Caltabianco
Young Adult
8.5/10E
(A great time trvel character focused tale out 31st July-Anna will be answering some questions here on NRC!)





Jessi-Cat by Anne Dillon
Non-Fiction, True story
9/10E
(A tissue needing tale about a cat who changes a young boy's life...)









Listened
Listened enough to finish audio books as it was easier than reading! Plus I can do it while gaming *ahem*!


Delphie and the Magic Ballet Shoes by Darcy Bussell
Children's, 7 years +
10/10E
 (A fun start to a cute series by a former prima ballerina...)





Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan
Fiction
10/10E
(Enjoyed listening to this well voiced version of a book that I love!)









Watched


Casualty
Medical Drama, English version
7/10E
(Another ok episode that I was glad I had my crochet to do...)





Holby City
Medical Drama, Japanese verion
9/10E
(Quite a mix of sweet and serious melodrama...)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! -  Anime,  Japanese version
10E/10E
(Unlikely to cram in all the eps before Ramadan as I'm focusing on finishing...)





...Aikatsu!
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Next episode is one I haven't seen!)





Littlest Pet Shop
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Blythe getting stuck in a dumbwaiter is a great way to address how not to panic when stuck in a lift...)





Emily Owens MD
Medical Drama, English version
9/10E
(This is an easy to watch show when I wake at 3am.)





Horses of McBride
Film, English version
8/10E
(Would be a higher grade but it was a bit gloomier than expected, yet does have a happy ending. Based on a true story about rescuing horses...)





My Little Pony
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(I'm actually watching this while doing crochet to unwind from life stress, and I'm finding he value of rewatching fun shows. Plus since I'm playing the game I have to watch it!)









Craft, games, etc
I finished and gave the crochet blanket I've been working on recently-she was thrilled to bits!  I've started making granny square fingerless gloves, kind of making it up as I go along so it's an experiment! 



I've wound the yarn for a baby blanket to give to a family member-such pretty colours!





Hello Kitty Kawaii Town
...allows me to build  mega cute Sanrio town. It's fairly easy so far, I'm constantly squee-ing over how adorable everything is.





Happy Mall Story
... was discovered on my tablet when I had to restart My Little Pony game (see beloe). It is nice and simple, not going too fast for when I have brain fog which is most days.





My Little Pony by Gameloft
...had a mega update which has opened up all the lands in the show! Currently only accessing 3 as Im not that far in the story. A glitch has my current game keep reverti back to an older saved version, losing me money, ponies, shops, current level etc. Gameloft has great customer care service, so far glith happened 4 times so I've started again on my tablet rather than my Kindle. Still playing Kindle version in the hope that ground hog day will eventually end. On new version I may be many levels less BUT I've uncovered one element of harmony which I somehow hadn't done in the Kindle version!





Littlest Pet Shop
... is as cute as ever, despite everything I can buy with kibble being mega expensive as I refuse to buy ,ore bling...I did cave im and buy some on special offer so I could make progress faster. Doing it the long way now! With more pets it is easier to make more money. 




Ice Age
... not as fun as the other games as it's more a collecting game, but fun all the same!

No comments: