Monday 9 June 2014

What are YOU reading? #221




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




Read


Tilly's Pony Tails:
#1 Magic Spirit, #2 Red Admiral the Racehorse, #3 Rosie The Perfect Pony
by Pippa Funnell, Children's
9 years +
10E/10E
(1st three books in a fun pony series!)





The Glass Bird Girl by Esme Kerr
Children's, 11 years +
10E/10E
(A must read royal adventure!)







Watched


The Babysitters Club
Ffilm, Teen, English version
10E/10E
I put this on after a few false starts on films that were no good. I started rereadng the books which this film is based on a while back, but didn't get much further. Seeing the movie which has the spirit of the book with no obvious differences that I could figure out made me really serious about rereading the series...which I only have a few books of. So somehow I ended up on the Kindle store (like you do) and somehow I bought 1 normal book (for the record it was #4) and 1 holiday special book which are the ones I adored even more than the main series). Kindle store HAS THE ENTIRE SERIES! As far as I can tell, anyway. So every month I'm going to buy 1 normal and 1 holidqy special. Squee! So glad to be able to collect these without expanding my bookshelf!





Casualty
Medical drama, English version
7/10E
(Can't remember what happened, wasn't a thrilling ep for me but a friend enjoyed it.)





Holby City
Medical drama, English version
8/10E
(Not the best ep, but enjoyable...)






Emily Owens M. D.
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(This continues to be enjoyable despite the focus on romance...)





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I adore all the episodes, although I prefer it when Mion actually gets on with Aira and Rhythm...)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I'm almost at the episodes that I've never seen which is hugely exciting as I know Mizuki comes back as an idol!!)









Games, craft, & other stuff


Hotel Dash by Playfirst
...remains high on my playlist, although I've only got 9/100 levels left to play. I'll be sad to leave it but I still have a few other of the Dash series to play!





Ice Age Village by Gameloft
Strategy
10E/10E
Another top game at the moment. Really getting into acquiring and building animal families. I'm pretty rubbish at decorating the town, but will do so once I've expanded a bit more and have space to make it look nice. Now, I dislike how some games are geared at players who have friends playing the same game so you get heaps of extra points. My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop games also by Gameloft has 1 extra Ponyville for a player with no friends to visit.  Ice Age Village has at least 6! So I can fulfil the friends' missions which a) makes me happy and b) gets me more money and hearts just by liking each village every day, finding Scratch and clicking on heart trees. I get a lot of money through these already there friends' villages!






Littlest Pet Shop by Gameloft
Strategy
10E/10E
I try to go on this twice a day so that I can maximise the amount of kibble I earn. I'm saving up for a superduper playhouse which will earn me a lot of money, making it easier to save even more kibble to get a few more pets (which is the quickest way for me to get them as I refuse to pay real money to get game money, which means it will be weeks or even months before I can get the pets I want. There are some pets I'm not that keen on, but seeing how it takes time to get any pet I don't think that will be an issue any time soon.






My Little Pony by Gameloft
Strategy
10E/10E
I'm pretty sure I was in an odd mood this week because until yesterday I was struggling to get to grips with MLP. I loved the characters but wasn't making much progress. Now, I'm fortunate to have a friend who has MLP and the other Gameloft games . She was saying how much she was playing it, so I wanted to try and figure out why she liked it so much. Only then did I realise I needed to buy both shops and ponies to get anywhere! Better late than never, right? Now I adore it as I'm saving up to get various ponies. So far I have Pinkie Pie, Twilight, Cheerlee or however you spell her name, the cake shop pony, and since yesterday both Scooteloo and waiting for space to have Apple Bloom-that's two thirds of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!!! As you can tell I love the CMCs ^o^




While being not exactly bored since I don't believe in it but being restless, which I get if I'm tired/not quite well, I spent time checking out other time management games. I found a gem of a game which is about gardening, reaching set goals in each level using tools, seeds, wood and other materials, which are often received when I remove frequent obstacles in the path. 



Gardens Inc From Rakes To Riches by Intenium
It uses a bit of brain power in later levels to gain the bonus points for planting the correct pattern of flowers. I give it 10E/10E despite never finishing each garden within the time bonus time-I don't care that I'm slow because I have so much fun!





For the eagle eyed among you I've stopped playing Fantasy Town by Gameloft because although it was mega cute, I had zero clue about how to get people in the game to visit my buildings, there's a whack the w*rm game which I could skip but that would cost points, and it just doesn't have the extra zing the other games have.




Craft wise, I made some progress on the surprise blanket! I was going with yellow and green as the next colours but they didn't look right and were too thin a strand for this project. So I rooted around and opted for more purple and blue yarn.






Baking wise I'm making plain fudge the day after I'm sending my friend this meme info so there will be a picture coming soon (last week's was fudge from the internet not my pic). I'm trying putting toppings on the fudge which is exciting to see if it works! Going for white chocolate chunks, candy covered chocolate (the non-Nestle version of Smarties), and fudge bits - yes I realise I said fudge bits! It was what I wanted the most on the 3 for 2 offer on cake decorations. Regardless of whether the toppings work it should be tasty!



No comments: