Wednesday 19 February 2014

Princess Polly: My Big Girl Bed by Amanda Li (Children's, Picture book, Book book, 10E/10E)



January 2014, Ladybird Books, 12 pages, Hardback, Review copy

Themes: growing up, choosing bedroom furniture, bedtime routine
 
Content: Lots of cuteness and humour

Summary from Ladybird
My Big Girl Bed is part of Ladybird's best-selling Pirate Pete and Princess Polly sound book series for toddlers and young children, starring the ever-popular Princess Polly!

Princess Polly: My Big Girl Bed describes the excitement of moving from a cot to a big bed and all the stages along the way, such as choosing bedding, getting rid of the cot and finally Princess Polly discovering what it's like to sleep all night in a big bed of her own.

Nayuleska's thoughts
I didn't realise when I requested this for review that it had a button to press! I had so much fun cheering Polly on every time she did something cheer worthy. I liked how the process of getting a new bed engaged the reader to pick their favourite style and design, and the way Polly's choice was revealed at the end. The bright and cheery illustrations match this sweet tale.

Suggested read
Another story about bedtime is Goodnight Princess by Michelle Robinson & Nick East (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E)
 

No comments: