Monday 13 January 2014

What are YOU reading? #201


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




Read 


Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(A childhood favourite that I'm revisiting...) 





Breaking the Spell: Stories of Magic and Mystery from Scotland by Lari Don &  Cate James
Children's, 7 years +
8/10E
(Very interesting stories here, so long as I didn't look too close at the illustrations, I wasn't too frightened...) 










Reread 


Wolf Springs Chronicles: Hot Blooded by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Young Adult
10E/10E
(I'd totally forgotten the end which made it a pleasant surprise!)










Watched


Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(This is my most watched anime at the moment!) 





Pretty Cure: Season 1
Anime, Japanese version
5/10E
(I'm going to try the next in the series as although I found the costumes cute, I wasn't too keen on the transformation & I did not like the enemies - too scary.) 





Countryfile
Wildlife documentary, English version
10E/10E
(I had to laugh when the episode discussed Tansy beetles - the Tansy flower is how I got the name for one of my characters in my current book!) 





Winx: Season 5
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10E/10E
(The girls have nearly got Harmonix -  yay!) 





Spice and Wolf
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(I can't look at an apple without smiling and thinking of Holo's love of them...) 





Gnomeo and Juliet
Anime film, English version
10E/10E
(Totally, absolutely loved this fun version of the Shakespeare play Romeo & Juliet!) 





Bodacious Space Pirates
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Finally Marika has gone on board 'her' ship, the one she's now a captain of!) 





Casualty
Drama, English version
6/10E
 (The stories aren't all that thrilling at the moment...





...unlike Holby City which I love!
Drama, English version
10E/10E
(Jack has her baby [yes, her name is really Jack] - this is the sweetest & also the most random episode I've seen for a while...) 





Winx: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10E/10E
(I'm not sure why, but the last episode I saw of this season didn't make me feel as gloomy as it normally does.) 





My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 2
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Applejack is a right ninny in one of the episodes...) 





Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(My love of this show grows each time I watch it!) 





The West Wing: Season 1
REWATCH! - Drama, English version
8/10E
(I'm trying to rewatch this series which is funny in places...) 





Gunslinger Girl
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Squee! This is such an intriguing anime, so many issues looked at and oh so wonderful...) 





Aria the Natural
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(This always makes me feel good...) 





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(What? I've already mentioned this once in the meme? Oh well. You can have it again as it's that good!) 










Craft & other stuff
I've made a little bit more progress with my sewing ....



....but that's pretty much all I've done as I've been resting up a lot, battling germ gremlins.


No comments: