Monday 4 November 2013

What are YOU reading? #191



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(I confess to peeking at the end to confirming a theory I had - I was correct and I loved the story even more because I knew what was happening.)





Diamond by Jacqueline Wilson
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(A tissue needing read!)





The Story Collector: The Emperor's Nightingale and Other Feathery Tales by Jane Ray
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(Charming collection with a bird theme...)





Mouseton Abbey by Joanna Bicknell and Nick Page
Children's, Picture book
10/10E
(A mouse version of a famous UK tv series...)





Octopus's Garden by Ringo Starr and Ben Cort
Children's, Picture book
9/10E
(An exciting underwater adventure...)





Spies In Disguise: Boys in Tights by Kate Scott
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(This is as funny as it sounds!)





Winter's Child by Grahame Baker-Smith and Angela McAllister
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Wow is an understatement for this wintry tale!)







Reread 


Ballet For Drina by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Technically I read this last week, only I forgot to add it to that week's meme!  Whoops...) 





Drina's Dancing Year by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(This is where the dancing really takes off for Drina...) 








Watched  


AKB0048
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(My favourites are still Mimori, I'm really taking to Chieri and oddly, for the first time ever, Yuuko.) 





Bondi Vet: Season 4
Documentary, English version
10E/10E
(A close friend keeps watching this show, so I wanted to find out what it was about. It's set in Australia and despite some really tough cases each episode is relatively upbeat.)





Australian Border Patrol
Documentary, English version
10E/10E
(The duty of customs officials is never dull!) 





Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10E
(The girls are going their separate ways now in their training - eep! Pressure is mounting!) 





Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future
Anime, Japanese version
9/10E
(Even with over 1/3 of the episode being raw [without subtitles], so a little of the story was lost on me, it was a good show. I probably will rewatch it in time, but not for a while, unlike Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream which is one of my favourite anime which I have to see most days...) 





Casualty & Holby City
Drama, English version
7/10E & 9/10E respectively
(One I wasn't paying much attention to, and the other I was, but I can't remember much of either as I write this meme! Maybe I'll remember next week...)





A ballet documentary
English version
10E/10E
(Yes I realise this doesn't have a title, I can't remember it! It was about teens attending a top ballet school...) 





A boarding school for difficult children 
Documentary, English version
10E/10E
(Another show I can't remember the title, but it was really interesting how the staff restrained the disruptive children who were on their last chance to stay in education...) 







Craft
I've completed another square! Pictures coming soon...






Nature 
My African violets are rebudding! This is exciting as I generally kill plants off instead of nurturing them....



No comments: