Tuesday 29 October 2013

What are YOU reading? #190




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


Evanescent by Andria Buchanan
Young Adult
10E/10E
(A brilliant middle of a trilogy read with humour counteracting the bleak outlook...)





Infinity by Andria Buchanan
Young Adult
10/10E
(A truly magnificent ending to an awesome trilogy!)





Troll and the Oliver by Adam Stower
Picture book
10E/10E
(Oliver is hilariously annoying - I felt sorry for the troll!)





Two Nests by Laurence Anholt and Jim Copleston
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(This book on divorce made me cry!)





The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Charming read about 4 highly likeable sisters on holiday...)








Watched 



Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(This is in the realms of anime which get better each time I watch them, just like....)





...AKB0048!
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(This time I'm watching with subs to understand it a bit more [& pick up more vocab] - oddly reading the sub isn't decreasing my enjoyment. I'm picking up more nuances too!)





Fantasista Doll
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(The end was perfect! Despite having dark undertones [a little] it's such a positive outcome I was crying from happiness. So sad this series has ended - maybe they will do another season [it can't just be 13 eps!]...)





Mako Mermaids
Drama, English version
2/10
(I was so excited at watching this spin off to H20 Just Add Water, that I'm bitterly disappointed. For me it was abysmal, no real sense of friendship between the female mermaids, who were extremely moany-groany. Don't get me started on male mermaids! Doesn't sit well at all with me, I'm afraid. Only watched 3 and a bit episodes, can't watch any more...) 





Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future
Anime, Japanese version
9/10E
(It's a bit hard watching this series as a lot of eps I'm having to see raw, without subtitles, but I'm getting the gist and some parts are AWESOME - Rhythm is engaged! & we'll see her married in the penultimate episode [got a way to go yet with 52 eps in the series]...) 






My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Season 1
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Another show improving every time I watch it - got the movie where the ponies turn into human girls winging it's way to me!)





Care Bears
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(I love how obvious the moral of the story is, it's superbly conveyed and super cute...)





H20: Just Add Water - Season 1
REWATCH! - Drama, English version
10E/10E
(I had to watch a few eps to purge Mako Mermaids from my brain. There's no comparison.)





Winx: Season 4
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10E/10E
(*smiles* The girls are Believix fairies now!) 





Cardcaptor Sakura: Season 2
Anime, French version
10E/10E
(This is getting quite dark, so I won't watch many episodes each week, but there are still plenty of funny and cute moments!) 





Gwendoline
Anime, French version
10E/10E
(This is a super cute anime from the 1980s [I think...] with a strong plot about a sweet girl whose mother dies, so she goes to live with her father in England, with her stepsister [or half sister?] who is a meanie until their joint father looks to get remarried to an evil woman with an evil son & daughter [the son likes shooting blanks at Gwendoline for fun! Hate them!]...)





Hanamaru Kindergarten
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(A gentle, extremely funny anime about a male kindergarten teacher starting his first job. Ordinarily I'm not into anime with a male protagonist, but it iis extremely well done, with one of the actresses from my beloved Aria the Animation anime feature as a main character.) 





Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Well, I had to start a new anime online now that I've finished Fantasista Dolls - this is a magical girl show, super cute, very funny, a bit dark but that's countered with the humour...) 





Chocolat & Vanilla (Sugar Sugar Rune)
Anime, French version
10E/10E
(Chocolat is still my favourite character - she gets into the most scrapes and has the cutest pjs!) 





Winx:  Season 6
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(SQUEEEEEEEEEEE! Those on Twitter know how happy I am that season 6 - a season I didn't expect to see for a few years [I don't keep up to date when it gets shown] appeared! Well, the first ep, the 2nd is on Nov 3rd. I suspect I will rewatch ep 1 quite a few times before then as it has Daphne in it as the central plot! She is so likeable, with all her insecurities at being corporeal. *happy squee*) 







Craft etc

Been feeling not so great so no crochet this week. I did, however, discover the joy of online jigsaw puzzles! Here are the one's I've done so far - they were either 40 something or 60 something pieces - nothing too taxing for my heavily brain fogged brain. 





No comments: