Monday 14 October 2013

What are YOU reading? #188



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read 


Stars by Laura and Luke Jennings
Children's, 11 years +
9/10
(Being on scholarship makes Jess appreciate her awesome opportunity to be at an exclusive performing arts school...)




Stars: Stealing the Show by Laura and Luke Jennings
Children's, 11 years +
10/10E
(This book is triply awesome!)





The Mysteries of the Magical Horse by P J Flynn
Children's, 9 years +
9/10E
(A time-travelling horse isn't the whole story for Vicky...)





Clementine Rose and the Surprise Visitor by Jacqueline Harvey
Children's, 7 years +
10/10E
(Clementine is adorable, although her visiting aunt doesn't feel the same way...)






Watched 


Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I'm now rewatching this show, and it's currently mega awesome like Winx & AKB0048. I hate to say it, but so far I think I love it slightly more than the sequel!) 





Pretty Rhythm: Dear My Future
Anime, Japanese version
9/10E
(A sequel of sorts, following a different group of girls that become skating/magical idols which is very funny but is missing a tiny bit of something the first show had. I think I preferred following 3 girls instead of 8+ [I like shows with a large cast, but I think I partially expected DMF to be more similar to AD]...) 





Pop Pixie
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10E/10E
(I've seen Piff & Chatta get their Pop Magic! So exciting. So is the rumour that the long awaited second season is being worked on over the next year!) 





Cardcaptor Sakura:  Season 2
Anime, French version
8/10
(This is an awesome anime especially with all the costume changes but the overlying theme seems rather dark to me at the moment...) 





Casualty
Drama, English version
9/10E
(I honestly have forgotten what happened, but I do know it was pretty good drama!) 





Emi Magique
Anime, French version
9/10E
(I like older anime - ok it lost a grade as the 80s style costumes are rather dire in this case but Emi's desire to help others and do well is admirable in her magic acts when she transforms from a girl called Maya [maybe...it began with M...] into Emi...) 





Chocolat et Vanilla/Sugar Sugar Rune
Anime, French version
10/10E
(This is really growing on me, I adore Chocolat and think she has the coolest costume...especially her gothic style pjs!) 





AKB0048
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Did you really think I wouldn't watch this? I'm on the darker episodes so it may be one ep a week, but it's still awesome!) 





H20 Just Add Water: Season 1
REWATCH! - Drama, English version
9/10
(Watching light hearted Australian mermaid drama is perfect for relaxing to....) 





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(What's even more awesome about this friendship based drama with good values is that a friend's daughter is watching it, and I was able to explain why it's such a great show!) 







Crafts & other things...
Not so much this week as I've been fending off germ gremlins. I managed a bit of crochet, but nothing new to show you this week. Maybe next week!



No comments: