Wednesday 19 June 2013

Nayu's News #79 I discover Chibis!


Isn't she cute? Yesterday on my search for more fun anime pics I came across chibis. (All pics taken from the internet) According to Urban Dictionary a chibi is: 

It is an adjective that means small and/or miniature in a good or cute way. Normally used to describe (young) people or animals, and is endearing. This word, along with kawaii and several other Japanese words, have been taken by America's "Wapanese" who have gone overboard in accentuating their English speech with Japanese words. "Chibi" was probably first introduced to the West through anime, and probably from the name of Sailor Chibimoon, in Sailor Moon. 
 
and 
 
Smaller form of any existing character, meant to look cute. Usually has irregular proportions, with a big head and tiny limbs.

I started a chibi search and did manage to stop myself before I spent all day doing it. There are sooo many.
Happy & friendly gothic chibi

Happy chibi with a flower

Cat-ear chibi hugging a cat (with wings?) - if you think this is familiar, you're right - it's my current status picture on this blog! ->

This chibi reminds me of Stella from Winx

This chibi with attitude is so like my Muse right now

This is a happy go lucky chibi

This is an extravagent outfit chibi

An I love my pet (bunny?) chibi

Animal loving cute chibi

Mega cute chibi


Panda chibi
There are loads of chibis for various anime, including Winx! Quite a lot weren't all that appealing to me - unlike other chibi searches I disliked most that I saw. Here are some which I do love. 

Winx in Harmonix (including Roxy who actually hasn't got Harmonix yet)


Musa listening to music

More realistic Roxy

Cuter version of Roxy

My favourite Winx - Stella!

I saw a few for Shugo Chara too
Amu transformed with Ran in Amulet Heart

Dia in her true form

A very happy Utau

I'll be hunting out chibis for cuteness appeal, as well as other characters from the anime I love. Watch out - chibi's are about!
Bye!

No comments: