Monday 27 May 2013

What are YOU reading? #168




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.


Books I've read


Mariella Mystery Investigates A Cupcake Conundrum by Katie Pankhurst
Children's, 7 or 9 years +
(Awesome children's baking contest provides lots of drama for the Mystery Girls Club!)
10/10 E




Just the one book - being ill mucked up my reading schedule! Wait, I lie.  I read part of... 


Starstruck by Lauren Conrad
Young Adult
...but with a wide cast and the story flicking between the girls I was getting too confused so I abandoned it. 





Anime 


Chocolat & Vanilla aka Sugar Sugar Rune
Anime, French version
10/10
(The more I watch this, the more I like it - at first it was ok, but not my favourite. Now I definitely know I'll rewatch it!) 




Heidi
Anime, French version
10/10 E
(I finished it! It was ADORABLE at the end, especially when Clara/Claire learnt to walk. So glad Peter isn't evil in this version...) 




Winx Club: Le Secret du Royaume Perdue/The Secret of the Lost Kingdom
REWATCH! - Anime film, French version
10/10
(I confess to skipping the scenes which I find scary - which are quite a few in this film. It meant I wasn't scared!!! Which is a plus...) 




H20: Just Add Water Season 1
REWATCH! - Drama, English
10/10 E
(Yup, I'm back watching the fun mermaid Australian drama!)




Winx: Season 4
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10/10 E
(There really is something about season 4 & 5 which is so  uplifting - perhaps it's how powerful the girls are, how much they are helping the wider community, their outfits - and the adorable magical animals!) 




Gwendoline
Anime, French version
10/10 E
(This super cute anime looks like I'll be crying a lot as Gwendoline gets closer to a sister who wants nothing to do with her, before being abused by a new stepmother...) 




Rozen Maiden
REWATCH! - Anime, English version (technically not as I haven't seen it in English before), 
10/10 E
(I confess even in English I totally adore all the dolls! I was still upset when Shinku stopped working for an episode - and that was with knowing what would happen!)




AKB0048
Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
(Just like Winx this gets better each time I watch it - at the time of writing this meme I'm hoping to finish the series tonight!) 




Holby City
Drama, English
10/10
(It's heartbreaking having to watch one character's daughter go through cancer treatment...) 




Crafts

None this week, as I've either been resting from doing stuff, or trying to recover from being ill.



No comments: