Monday 1 April 2013

What are YOU reading? #160




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.


Read



Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Young Adult
(I love Scarlett, aka Red Riding Hood, more than the cyborg Cinder!)
10/10 E




Delilah Dusticle by A J York
Children's, 9 years +
(A sweet and funny magical tale; protag is YA age but the story is gentle...)
9/10





Oh Dear, Geoffrey! by Gemma O'Neill
Children's, Picture book
(A visual delight of a tale about a clumsy giraffe...)
10/10 E






Watched



Erin
Anime, Japanese version
8/10
Really good story, a bit of a grim sentiment throughout so not watching any more as I need happier ones...





AKB0048:  Season 2
Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
Only 1 episode left to be released, and I suspect it will be open ended - this series is so awesome! 





AKB0048:  Season 1
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
I wanted to rewatch this, and I'm even more addicted the 2nd time round of watching. *happy sigh*





Shugo Chara
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
Excited because we're about to have episodes with more Utau appearances!!





Bones: Season 7
Crime Drama, English version
10/10
Misses an E because it's a bit too gory in places, but I ADORE the whole baby theme with Bones. Makes the show super fun!





My Little Pony: Season 1
Aanime, English version
10/10 E
I love how each of the pony's weaknesses are looked at in episodes, promoting kindness, generosity and being a nice person/pony...





Encouragement of Climb
Anime, Japanese version
10/10
A sweet, light anime about friendship, trust and exploration...





Heidi
Anime, French version
10/10 E
I was in tears when Heidi's favourite goat, Snow White, was in peril of being slaughtered. I couldn't remember what happened next! So happy it ended well (phew!)...





Love Live! School Idol Project
Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
This is such a sweet, addictive show, no real battles like AKB0048 but the girls form a band to try and save their school from closure... 





Hanasaku Iroha
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
This is much better on the 2nd watch - I'm loving/crying in advance of events happening and love knowing the characters inside out. 





Lilpri
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
I'm excited because the girls will be learning a new song shortly - yay!





Bodacious Space Pirates
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10 E
Yup, this is another 'new' favourite series of mine that I simply have to watch when I feel like it ^o^ 





Neo Angelique Abyss
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10
Misses an E because of the stupid ending of season 2, but otherwise is tremendously awesome with Angelique having a huge power & charming everyone she meets!





La Storia della Arcana Famiglia
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10/10
The opening and closing songs make me go squee! Got to love a mafia story... 




Sophia the First
Animated film, English version
9/10
I thought this was a series of episodes, rather than a shortish film, but it was super cute how Sophia learns to be a princess, having all the bits that I'd always wanted in Disney princess movies...





Winx:  Season 5
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
I've got the 1st volume on DVD!!!! How cool! I nearly cried while watching it, it makes me so happy (even if it is in English)...





Various anime which got ditched due to mature content....enough said.






Cat God
Anime, Japanese version
10/10
This is a crazy anime, very funny, at times a little odd but in a good way - all the cat gods have different abilities which can cause lots of trouble for the one who is outcast (forgotten her name....I've watched a lot of anime this week!)... 





Amnesia
Anime, Japanese version
9/10
I've seen the final episode, which did explain everything - except why the card theme was in the anime. I suspect this is a cross over from the video game, but that part didn't make sense to me... 





Yurumate3Dei
Anime, Japanese version
9/10
Very short episodes but rather funny and random (think Azunmanga Daioh)...





Britain, My New Home
Documentary, English
10/10
A bittersweet view of children who come to live in England from other countries, showing how they get to used to the language and culture (or not)...





Prisoner's Wives
Drama, English
9/10
I'm annoyed there's only 1 more episode to go, as it's a shorter series than the last one. So much is happening now - some of which could have started a little sooner in my view... 





Cardcaptor Sakura:  Season 1
Anime, French version
10/10
I'm loving the adorable costumes Tiffany (French version name is different to Japanese) makes for Sakura - Sakura isn't always as keen. She's growing in her powers and it's a cute classic anime... 





Lemon Angel Project
Anime, Japanese version
9/10
I'm enjoying it more 2nd time round now I know what's happening - after watching AKB0048 I really wanted to watch it!) 





Ratatouille
REWATCH! - Animated film, English version
10/10
I adore the cookery side of this show, and how clever the rats are... 







Craft 




I've finished Pooh Bear in my Winnie the Pooh cross stitch kit, and now on the cute, small and curved Roo! You can see how I'm progressing by checking out the kit's finished photo. 




I chose this crochet hook, which has a rubber grip all around the handle (much better than only a small patch for the thumb like the other one). 




Here's what I've started making with it. The colours are more vibrant - I'm not good at taking photos, and I was too tired to move to somewhere with more light... ^_^




3 comments:

BookBreather said...

I. Need. To Read. Scarlet. SO BAD. It's killing me!

My Monday Post! :)
~Gabbi

The Brunette Librarian said...

I'm lovin' Bones this season too, isn't the baby so dang cute? I love them together too!!!!

Have a lovely reading week!! What are you reading this week @ the Brunette Librarian’s Blog

Nayuleska said...

Gabbi - You. Do!

The Brunette Librarian - I love dramas with family in - hope you've had a good reading week.