Monday 14 January 2013

What are YOU reading? #150


What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Books I've Read



Secrets and Sapphires by Leila Rasheed
Young Adult, Historical
(A mixture of Downton, BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, and lots more breath holding twists...)
10/10







Reread

A lot since when I'm ill/at hospitals I reread books, as I know what to expect and know I'll get laughs (& tears)...



Sweethearts: Ice Dreams by Jo Cotterill
Children's, 10 years +
(Yet again I related a lot to the overworking Tania...)
10/10




Sweetharts: Model Behaviour by Jo Cotterill
Children's, 10 years +
(I love how such a fashion conscious Lola gets scrubbing in an animal sanctuary and discovers her softer side [as well as friends' shallow side]!)
10/10




Sweethearts: Deep Water by Jo Cotterill
Children's, 10 years +
(This one had me in tears at many points; Pearl goes through an awful lot!) 
10/10




Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Young Adult
(I'm quite the fang girl now. I adore the movies. Some parts are dire - ditto in the book - but they make me laugh, roll my eyes, and are enjoyable, which is the point of a book, isn't it? For a series I didn't expect to enjoy, it's light and fluffy [to me] because I know it so well. Although I haven't reread it many times, the movies are really true to the books [so far] so it was fun to spot the differences. And yes I couldn't resist my earlier pun!) 
9/10




Watched 


Lilpri
REWATCH! - Anime
10/10
(I think the girls will be learning a new song soon - I know the next one is really interesting!) 




Shugo Chara!
REWATCH! - Anime
10/10
(Utau is slowly getting more screen time and Amu recently got her heart rod weapon in her Amulet Heart transformation, which was pretty cool.) 




Winx: Season 2
REWATCH! - French Anime
10/10
(This never fails to make me smile!) 




Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure
REWATCH! - Film
8/10
(This is my least favourite of the series, but I'm rewatching them as a copy of the latest movie on its way to me. Tink is in mega trouble because she got made with a friend...) 




Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue
REWATCH! - Film
10/10
(I love how Tink's friends play such a big role in this film - there's a good insight to all of their characters, and parts made me cry...) 




H20 Just Add Water: Season 2
REWATCH! - Drama
10/10
(After dreaming about being a mermaid last night [with 2 other girls] and hiding our powers from people [somehow having magical objects], it was a no-brainer that I'd be watching this today! I don't hate Catherine as much this time - she is a bit of a madam at times, but she makes a good enemy for the girls.) 




Vampire Diaries: Season 1
Drama
10/10
(Only I saw one episode of this since I need cheerier things at the moment...




Star Trek Enterprise: Season 1
Sci-fi Drama
9/10
(I enjoy watching this from time to time, especially when they have to dress up in the local costumes. Today's episode was a pretty one!) 






Played
Yes, I'm back into gaming for now! 




Final Fantasy 13
REPLAY! - Role-play Game
8/10
(Currently, haven't completed it before; I think I'm understanding the battle system a bit more, which is making fights a little easier.) 




Final Fantasy 13-2
Role-play game
10/10
(First time playing it; the parts which weren't right with FF13 are extremely right in this sequel! Totally adore it, can't get enough of it, especially with Sereh as the main protagonist.)




No comments: