Monday 27 August 2012

What are YOU reading? #130

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel atHome Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.






Books I've read



Leave It to Eva by Judi Curtin
Release Date:  27th August 2012
Children's, 9 years +
(I sniffled throughout the story and cried at the feel good ending, so I believe this one needs a tissue warning!!) 
10/10






Kidnap in the Caribbean by Lauren St John
Children's, 9 years +
(An Enid Blyton style adventure with a superb heroine...) 
9.5/10





The Pony Detectives: Phantom: One Last Chance by Belinda Rapley
Children's, 9 years +
(Serious horse and rider issues for the group of best friends in Winter...)
10/10





Who Ate Auntie Iris? by Sean Taylor & Hannah Shaw
Children's, Picture book
(A truly terrifying tale that has me glad I don't live with wild animals!!!) 
9/10





Dark Eyes by William Richter
Young Adult
(Family means everything to Wallis, whose story wasn't as fast paced and action [filled] as I expected...) 
6.5





Polly Price's Totally Secret Diary: Reality TV Nightmare by Dee Shulman
Children's, 9 years +
(I'm reading these out of order, but its book one and Polly's mother is diabolical!)
10/10






Watched 





Winx Season 1
I'm back at the beginning of this awesome fairy series - one of the features in season 1 that I love is how the songs in episodes change to suit what's going on. This is most true of the 'Winx' song when the girls transform: before they form the group the song focuses on who/what the girls are fighting for/to protect.... 





Shugo Chara!
Yes, this is another anime I'm back at the beginning with! I think I'm going to alternate days of this and Winx Club, as they are both ones I relax to and I like to watch more than 1 episode in a row which isn't practical with watching other anime too. 




Chocola & Vanilla
French version
This is more awesome than I expected it would be. I haven't watched as much because when I'm tired I need easy to watch shows: because I've never seen it before, and I don't use subtitles (there aren't any), it's a bit of work listening to it in French which always seems really fast until I get used to watching a show. 





Various anime
I've watched a lot of first episodes as I've discovered the AMAZING anime streaming site Crunchyroll!
(I don't receive anything to mention them.  To list them is too energetic for me, but you'll start seeing them on the memes as and when I watch them.)



No comments: