Monday 18 June 2012

What are YOU reading? #120

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.





Books I've read

 


Children's, 9 years +
(Drina hates boarding school but by enduring it she gets a reward that makes it all worth while...)
10/10







The Vampire Blog by Pete Johnson
Children's, 11 years +
(I read book 2 before this one, so it's great to know how it all started!  ALSO, don't forget to enter to win the THREE book set of this series now through 06/30/12!)
9/10








Shugo Chara! #2 by Peach-Pit
Manga, Young Adult
 (I kept hearing the theme tunes in my head when Amu & the others transformed!)
10/10







Life According to... Alice B. Lovely by Karen McCombie
Release Date:  July 2012
Children's, 10 years +
(A wonderful, tissue needing, giggle inducing read...)
10/10








Stravaganza: City of Swords by Mary Hoffman
Release Date:  July 2012
Young Adult
(This time travelling read takes negative aspects of humans, such as Laura's self-harm, and uses it to help save society in that historic place; at least that's my view - I did read this at 4am!)
9/10







Drina Goes on Tour by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
(I barely remembered any of this volume, which had my eyes getting wet a lot with happiness, plus Drina's secret is discovered!)
10/10








Drina Ballerina by Jean Estoril
Children's, 9 years +
(This final book in the Drina series is a perfect culmination of the girl who enchanted all who knew her...)
10/10






 
Re-reading



 
 
 
When I was Joe by Keren David
Young Adult
(I'm re-reading this as I have an ARC of book 3...which I'm eager to start!)
10/10
 
 

Drina Dances in Switzerland by Jean Estoril

No comments: