Sunday 24 June 2012

Lunchtime by Rebecca Cobb (Children's, Picture book)


April 2012, Macmillan Children's
24 pages, Hardback
Review copy

Themes: fussy eaters, children being engrossed in play, disinterest in food, making mealtimes fun and not stressful, using imagination, lots of smiling parts

Summary from Macmillan 

At lunchtime, Mum said, "Eat up."
I said, "No thanks, I'm a bit too busy."
It's lunchtime for one little girl, but she's just not hungry. A visiting crocodile, bear and wolf, however, are starving. It's just as well that children taste revolting!

Nayuleska's thoughts
I adore this book! The pretty felt-tip coloured looking drawings are vibrant and work well on the white backdrop. That's not why I love it so much. The animals are not scary looking. Although I'm considerably older than the target age group, I can get scared easily by images, especially wolves. I kept laughing because the wolf looks more like an anteater! It isn't scary at all - even the bear & crocodile look approachable. The book depicts just how preoccupied children can get by playing. This is by far a 10/10 read.

You can find out more on Rebecca's website.

Suggested read
Check out Rebecca's other books which include the tissue needing Missing Mummy

No comments: