Monday 12 March 2012

What are you reading? #106

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.





Books I've read this week





Secrets of the Henna Girl by Sufiya Ahmed
Young Adult
(This is a gripping read about a practice becoming more widely acknowledged and charities created to help curb it. You will need tissues.)
10/10






Sweet Hearts: Star Crossed by Jo Cotterill
Children's, 10 years +
(This series continues to captivate me. It's fun reading about some of the girls I've already met in later books [yes I'm reading this out of sequence, but that doesn't matter all that much!]...)
10/10






Strictly Friends? book cover
Sweet Hearts: Strictly Friends? by Jo Cotterill
Children's, 10 years +
(Meghan makes a lot of bad choices in the book, but she eventually realises that and discovers some wonderful truths.)
10/10







Jaws of Death by Paul Adam
Children's, 9 years +
(Book 2 in Max's saga continues to blow my mind away with the mixture of action and plot twists!)
10/10







Attack at Dead Man's Bay by Paul Adam
Children's, 9 years +
(This is an explosive finale to the series which constantly surprised me and had me reaching for a box of tissues.)
10/10







Slack Tide by Vanessa Barger
Young Adult
(If you like Mermaids, you'll love this book, which has an interesting take on the mythical creatures [which are selkies)]...)
10/10







Little Princesses: The Golden Princess by Katie Chase
Children's, eBook
(Once more Rosie goes back in time into an era that always fascinates me - Incans! Beware of the priest....)
10/10



 

Books I've re-read

 



Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
(And so Bella and Edward's saga comes to a dramatic close. Yes I found some of it eye roll worthy, but as with the other books I loved it way more on 2nd read...)
8/10







Gargoylz: Mess at the Mill by Jan Burchett
Children's, 5 years +
(Hilarious as always, the Gargoylz get creative around cakes..)

10/10




Books I'm re-reading




Wuthering Hearts by Kaye Woodward
Children's



















No comments: