Monday 14 November 2011

Secrets at St Judes: Party Girl by Carmen Reid (Young Adult)



August 2011, Corgi
272 pages, Paperback & ebook
Review copy 


Young Adult


Themes: boarding school, exams and everything they entail, health concerns, family issues, changes, the power of friendship, hard working students, running, making mistakes, moderate teen romance, heaps of humour. 

The pressure's on this term for the Upper Fifths...There are new boyfriends and new parents on the scene, as well as the dreaded summer exams. But will the girls still find time for fun, and for each other? You can bet on it! 

Nayuleska's thoughts
This is the first book in the series that I have unreservedly adore. This is possibly due to the reduced boy obsession. I love each of the girls' character in Party Girl, I was near tears when life got hard for each of them. With such different personalities I was able to see a bit of myself in all of them which makes it easier to relate to the girls. It also made me thankful for my own amazingly kind and supportive friends. Definitely a 10/10 read! 

You can find out more about Carmen and her books on her website

Suggested read
Check out some of the other books in the series, which include Jealous Girl


No comments: