Sunday 18 September 2011

Lulu Loves the Library by Anna McQuinn and Rosalind Beardshaw (Children's, Picture book)


1st September 2011, Alanna Books 
32 pages, Hard back
Review copy 

Children's, Picture Book 

Themes: spending time with someone you love, libraries, love of books 

Summary from Frances Lincoln
A moment-by-moment account of a very young child's visit to the local library. 

Nayuleska's reasons for loving Lulu...she is so excited about getting new books and listening to stories, something I can relate to as I was an eager reader when I was little and I adored the library. 

What style are the illustrations? They look painted in bright, attractive colours. 

Is the book interactive and/or are the illustrations engaging? They provide a talking point for what happens at libraries, although it doesn't address fines or other media which can be borrowed. 

One of my favourite parts was...when Lulu wears her rucksack as she is very cute! 

This sweet read gets 9/10 from me. 

Be sure to check out Anna's website to find out more information about her and her books. 

Suggested read
For another sweet read, try Monster Baby by Lee Car 

No comments: