Monday 7 March 2011

What are you reading? #57

What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Home Girl's Book Blog where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.

Books I've read this week



Firelight by Sophie Jordan
Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
(Supremely awesome start to a fun series about Jacinda, a very important girl who can turn into a dragon [sort of]. You must read this!  My review...)










Princess Poppy: Playground Princess by Janey Louise Jones
Children's
(Poppy learns a useful lesson in friendship...my review...)





Peely Wally by Kali Stileman
Children's, Picture book
(This is a cute book, with vibrant colours. My "one-liner" review...)





Scruffy Bear and the Six White Mice by Chris Wormell
Children's, Picture book
(Mice are hunted by many in the woods, but it's a good thing they have a quick thinking bear to help them escape. My "one-liner" review...) 






Me and You by Anthony Browne
Children's, Picture book
(A non-cute version of Goldilocks. My "one-liner" review...)





Morris the Mankiest Monster by Giles Andreae and Sarah McIntyre
Children's, Picture book
(Not for the faint hearted, or if you're eating/plan on eating food. My "one-liner" review...)





Molly and the Night Monster by Chris Wormell
Children's, Picture book
(It's supposed to help ease nightmares and Molly's imagination...the story was good!  My "one-liner" review...)





One Smart Fish by Chris Wormell
Children's, Picture book
(Compared to the book above, I loved this book! My "one-liner" review...)






The Giant Jam Sandwich by John Vernon Lord and Janet Burrowy
Children's, Picture book
(Very clever story of how villagers defeat the wasps. My "one-liner" review...)





Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and the Really Dreadful Spell by Kristina Stephenson
Children's, picture book
(This has a high appeal, for stinky socks are known throughout the world as being a bit gross. My "one-liner" review...)






Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Young Adult
(Awesome book - check out my review!)





 

That's it for this week. As usual it is Friday when I write this, and I can safely say I have a weekend chock full of reading! Hope you enjoy whatever you're reading at the moment.



No comments: