Monday 3 January 2011

Manga Reading Challenge 2011 (Details been amended)


(Note: Pictures are copyright to the anime companies who produce the series)

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but I hold Caro of Portrait of A Woman entirely responsible for this reading challenge. She was asking about a Japanese literature challenge, which made me think of manga!

I'm going to aim to read 4 manga books a month (1 a week = very doable). Hopefully more, but we'll see. This is definitely a very fun challenge for me, I adore manga, anime and Japanese video games!

If you'd like to take part, why not try reading 1 manga a month to begin with? There is such a wide range of genres you'll be able to find something you'll enjoy :)

Edited to add I'll be aiming to read 1 manga a month. 


  1. Someday's Dreamers: Spellbound 1 by Norie Yamada & Kumichi Yoshizuki, (January)
  2. Someday's Dreamers: Spellbound 2 by Norie Yamada & Kumichi Yoshizuki (January)
  3. Someday's Dreamers 1 by Norie Yamada and Kumichi Yoshizuki (June) 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sign me up! :)

My post on it is here:
http://magicbeanreview.co.uk/2011/01/05/manga-reading-challenge-2011/

Can't wait to begin ^^

Nayuleska said...

Oooh yay! I think you're my first fellow challengee!

Ricki said...

Love this! Here's my post:
http://readingchallenged.blogspot.com/2011/01/manga-reading-challenge.html

Nayuleska said...

Thanks for joining in Ricki! Let me know which ones you read :)

Edel said...

Hi! I'll be joining. :]

For my layout's sake, I made another button if that's alright.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/9424/mangareadingchallenge.png

My post is right here:

http://room304.brokenphrases.info/2011/03/challenge-manga-reading-2011/

Thank you for hosting this challenge! As a manga reader, I fully appreciate it. ^^

Nayuleska said...

Hi Edel - yay! Another fellow manga lover! I haven't got very far with this challenge - need to edit it to 1 manga a month.

I love your button for it. I've read the list you put up, and I've got Yotsuba! and I've heard of Card Captor Sakura. You read so many! It's pretty awesome the amount you read. I would...but I have lots of other books too. I like so many genres.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I was thinking of doing this myself. I'm surprised at how hard it is to find book bloggers who love manga (or even review it).

Sooooo excited about this. Sign me up! (will post about it soon :)

♥ Trish Just a YA Girl

Nayuleska said...

Yay! Another manga fan! It's great to have you hear (and I really will try to read 1 a month now :) )

mystikflores said...

I read more than 4 a month, i read about 10 and I understand them fully... sign me up