Thursday 10 September 2009

Thirsty Thursday #5

Books glorious books!

This week has been filled with books.

Bloomsbury are lovely in sending me picture books I haven't even requested. This week from them I got

  • The Everyday Witch by Liz Martinez and Mark Beech
  • Stormy Weather by Debi Gliori
  • Lulu's Christmas by Camilla Reid
I finally found out how to locate Orbit's books (not as simple as it sounds, trust me. Not everything is clearly signposted for a tired reviewer). I received these three.
  • A Princess of Landover by Terry Brooks
  • Traitor's Gate by Kate Elliott
  • The Drowning City by Amanda Dawn
This afternoon I spent time requesting more books from those currently on my donator list, and one or two others. I'm waiting patiently for lovely parcels :)

This weekend I shall be launching my first competition. Well, given the variety of genres I cover, there may be more than one. Stay tuned! All books have been read and reviewed by me. They may have a few page corners bent over (I don't always have bookmarks), and the spines will not be perfect. But they are in good condition. I'm a review, not a Preserver.

Oh, and sometime in the next week I am working on requesting 1 author interview, 1 publicist interview (yes, I have several questions to ask them) and 1 fellow book reviewer interview. Those may take time, but I am on the case.

2 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Sounds like you got some fun books :)

Nayuleska said...

Yup! They are cool!