Wednesday 12 August 2020

Thoughts on news about the anime Aiktasu! series

 

Aiktasu! Title ( Mizuki = purple hair, Ichigo = blonde, Ran = brunette, Aoi = blue)

Time for a different type of post. Today on Twitter I spotted something that made me groan. I love anime. I happen to adore the music idol anime Aikatsu! which has several series now. My favourite, and possibly my absolutely favourite anime of all time is the first series, Aikatsu! with 4 seasons of engaging characters learning to become entertainment stars, full of much humour, pretty outfits, catchy songs, and some hardship. 

 

 (Yume)

 I have seen quite a few of the second series, Aikatsu Stars! focusing on the protagonist Yume in a completely different idol school. It has more hardship and annoyingly features vague romance, something I liked being absence in Aikatsu! which was simply girls having fun, working hard and being friends (and rivals). 

 

 

 Then there's Aikatsu Friends! series which uses a different protagonist, although I think it may occasionally feature it includes the first series lovable Ichigo and the second series' Yume. 

I think the tweet I saw was for a fourth series, which for me uttered a most dreaded word: Live-action. Apart from Beauty and the Beast starring Emma Watson, I am not a fan of turning animated movies/shows into live action. The seven season series Once Upon A Time featuring fairytale characters is an execption because it is not a direct 'port' (for lack of a better word) of a specific film. It is entirely different and I highly recommend it. 

 

The current fashion of turning everything into a live action version fills me with dread. I am sure some are very well done. However, if I see an anime, the anime is the reason I love it. Having anyone else try to be those characters, no matter how good they are at acting or how realistic the costumes and scenary are, they can never be that anime for me. A prime example is Winx Club a favaourite Italian series of mine which is animated, and has had some stage shows which I unfortunately caught clips of online and constantly work hard to erase them from my memory because for me it was not Winx Club.

(Winx Club season 4 Believix transformation)

 I only watch the first 7 seasons of the show because season 8 is more like a reboot, it changes a lot and in my view spoils all the fun of the previous seasons which I love flaws and all.

Having an Aikatsu! series which is part live action and part cgi animated feels like an abomination. I am sure it will be well acted, and well executed, but there is no way on this earth I will watch it. Ever. That is my view on the subject. Time for lunch and then some proper Aikatsu! watching. Original is best!!!! Nothing can beat my love of top idol Mizuki....


No comments: