Monday 4 November 2019

Be A Narwhal by Sarah Ford and Anita Mangan (Non-fiction, Inspirational, 9/10E)

Cute cover!
 October 2019, Spruce Press, 96 pages, Paperback, Review copy

Summary from Octopus books
Let Narwhal show you the true meaning of a successful life. He is always prepared to put in the hours, whether he’s nurturing his sea anemones or doing a big presentation to the reef. Feisty and passionate, Narwhal is no back-seat driver - he’s always bursting with ideas, from how to break the ice at parties to how to tickle a fish. And when all around is in meltdown, he’ll stay in control and bounce back with a cool head and  a calm heart.
 
Nayu's thoughts
This is at least the 3rd book in the series that I have read, and it is as entertaining as the rest. I love narwhals because they look like unicorn dolphins/whales, a highly cool combo! I love the rainbow coloured horn on this narwhal. 

The advice is given 98% brilliant. I like the extra info at the front filled with positivity and making sure that you are you, and you don't copy people. Being yourself is the best you that you can be! Every page has an illustration with an important quote, some are funny, all are true and great when you need a pick me up. 

The reason this didn't get full marks is because I disagreed with one point Narhwal makes, this one. 
Comforting things are comforting for a reason, and I see no point whatsover in giving up what makes you happy - especially plushies! And on a later page Narwahl has a different plushy, so clearly it didn't get rid of everything comfy.  So this is the 2% that wasn't so brilliant for me. I did approve of a cat making an appearance, I marvelled the magic of books that let it breathe underwater., less so much the slight mutilation of said book. The little narwhal plushie was super cute! I want one. Narwhal has a positive attitude to live in general, even the parts that are less than rosey. 

Sarah and Anita have once again created a fun little read that I will reread many times over for life tips! 

Find out more cute illustrations on Anita's website.

Suggested read
Check out the other books in the series by Sarah and Anita including Be A Mermaid and Be A Llama by Sarah Ford and Anita Mangan (Non-Fiction, Inspirational, 10E/10E)

This book swam (flew) all the way to Australia for my cousin who loves mermaids! He loved it ^u^

This is one proud Llama!

No comments: