Tuesday 12 March 2019

The Oh!-So-Secret Princess by Anne Digby (Children's, 7 years +, 10/10E)

 
January 2019, Straw Hat Publishing, 29 pages, Ebook, Review copy

Book summary
Princess Bee longs to be let out of the palace on her own, just for a day. Dressed up as an ordinary person! But the king and queen would NEVER allow such a thing. Her dream seems impossible until, one magical Monday, she gets the chance to escape at last. It's her very first day off from being a princess and what a surprising day it turns out to be......

Nayu's thoughts
Any book with a princes in that crosses my path is almost always one I'll read for review: princesses are just plain fun! I had to smile at how much Princess Bee wanted to be a rebel - even princesses need to feel normal. I wondered how she would get her dream come true, and every aspect was a fun surprise: you'll never guess how she gets out and in the palace, not when it seems that the universe is conspiring against her. 

What I can say is that it is through the friendships that Bee makes, plus  lot of luck that make  her out of the palace tour a fun one. She is able to right some wrongs, and understands more about her kingdom which without doubt will make her a great queen one day. There are both laughs and thrills to be found in her tale, which is the first in this age category for Anne, and I hope she writes many more because I loved it!

Suggested read
 Check out Anne's other books which I've enjoyed since I was little, including Jug Valley Adventures #1 Boys V. Girls by Anne Digby (Children's, 9 years +, 10E/10E)


For more princess mayhem try  series which I've read a few audiobooks of but not read them, The Pony Mad Princess by Diana Kimpton and Lizzie Finlay (Children's, 5 years +, 9/10E) 


No comments: