Wednesday 20 March 2019

Nayu's Gaming Time #23 My Time At Portia Release date is announced!

This is an image I had on my laptop, it may be out of date

It's coming in 27 days!!!!! 

My Time At Portia is a simulation game with lots of crafting quests, I think some fighting, along the lines of Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2 which are my favourite games of the genre, Animal Crossing which is coming for Switch this year, Harvest Moon: a series I'm only just getting into, and other games. I've known about since last summer all thanks to the Youtuber Miss Multi-Console, who did a let's play series based on the PC Steam alpha version of the game. I possibly had heard of it earlier, but it wasn't until seeing it after getting into the genre thanks to the Switch that I absolutely needed it in my life. 

It was due to be released last winter (2018), but they had to push it back, which while annoying I did understand because the publisher wanted it to be the best it could be. Then this year or maybe the end of last year they announced it was due in Spring. No date given, which was rather frustrating. I confess to checking the My Time At Portia Twitter account on a regular basis, sometimes daily - that's how much I want this game. It's one of the few games I'm buying this year, and I am blocking out time so I can spend all day playing it upon release. It is ready to preorder, which I did yesterday after frightening my family by cheering upon seeing the news on Nintendo Life, and it's downloaded onto my Switch, ready to be played on April 16th.


I did get an inexpensive copy of the alpha version for my laptop, unfortunately my laptop isn't in the mood for gaming, so it was too slow for me, but I did get to create a character with pink hair: I'm hoping to replicate her when I get it. I am not going back through my hundreds of photos on Twitter to find what I'm talking about - above is a picture of what a male and female character can look like. The range of customisation is so huge that I'm sure most people won't have a lookalike if they spend just a little time in that section at the start of the game.

You can expect a lot of  Tweets about the game when I get my hands on it, as well as a special count down on Twitter that I'll be adding to every single day - don't worry, I'll try to update you guys once a week or so here. I'm that excited guys! Having a release date means the world to me, and I want to share my joy of it with you! 

See more on the Pathea Games website.

No comments: