Tuesday 5 September 2017

Nellie Choc Ice: Penguin Explorer by Jeremy Strong and Jamie Smith (Children's, 5 years +, Dyslexia friendly, 10E/10E)

 August 2017, Barrington Stoke, 96 pages, Paperback, Review copy

Summary from Barrington Stoke
 Little Nellie Choc-Ice is the greatest penguin explorer there has ever been! But one day she gets trapped on an iceberg that breaks away and floats off into the ocean. And that’s when Nellie’s adventures really begin!

Nayu's thoughts
I read this when I needed a smile and I got many from the sometimes innocent and intuitive little penguin. She looks adorable, her name is cute, but she is not entirely naive when it comes to the dangers of predators. On her travels she manages to outwit almost all of them, the last gets a very close encounter from the brave penguin. 

I felt sad as she travelled further and fuether from home-her family must have been so worried for her! I hope the half promised sequel comes soon-I want to know who else she manages to trick! For the record for a long time I didn't think about what killer whales eat-I thought it was just fish, not poor penguins and seals! Nobody is eaten in Nellie's story though. 

Find out more on Jeremy's website and Jamie's website.

Suggested read




No comments: