Sunday 19 February 2017

Marge and the Pirate Baby by Isla Fisher (Children's, 7 years +, 10E/10E)

 
January 2017, Piccadilly, 176 pages, Paperback, Review copy 

Book summary
Yo ho ho, me hearties. Marge is back! This time there's a baby on the loose.

Meet Zara, the naughty little cousin, who never sleeps and loves to steal treasure. Marge thinks she's a pirate and maybe she's right.

But will the imaginative babysitter be on her best behaviour? And can Jemima save the day at her uncle's wedding
?

Nayu's thoughts
This is an ace 2nd book in this series. I love how incredibly diverse Marge is. She is polite for adults and looks sensible, but as soon as they go out comes her trademark rainbow hair and chaos ensues! Everything always works out in the end, but during each of the 3 stories of the book there are points where I feel Marge could do with a babysitter of her own! As does Jemima, who I sympathised with when everything went wrong. Mishaps happen, but there is a new nemesis who looks innocent to adults but is a cunning mischief maker-aka the pirate baby. 

As a relation Jemima and her brother have to put up with pirate baby who singlehandedly almost ruins a wedding. How Marge solved that crisis had me speechless, it was inventive and I wanted to know the finer details of that technique. Antics at the swimming pool made me laugh, that baby has attitude and an endless line of tricks. I hope it makes cameo appearances in the next book! An uplifting read that will be on my reread shelf especially when I need a pick me up!  

Suggested read
While it doesn't matter what order you read the books, do check out Marge's debut Marge in Charge from Isla, Children's, 7 years +, 10/10E  
 

No comments: