Thursday 19 January 2017

Nayu's News #230 Super speedy post

My new babies have made it off the cage floor now!
This is a short post because I mildly procrastinating about finishing a few things before lunch. It was supposed to be a gaming post, but the internet is being too slow in delivery email to myself (from my tablet) so I can't include the photos I've taken of Animal Crossing. I'm only online now as I'm relaxing later and have done all the tasks I can in my room. 

In case you didn't read yesterday's post over on Nayu's Crochet Dreams, today's top picture is my new feather friends, Hibiki (white-ish one) & Tomoya my new zebra finches. Tanuki and Ushio the bengalese finches are no longer with me. Tis sad, but the new residents are settling into their home. Even if they are quite dense and unable to go into the nest. I've resorted to cutting off a bit of millet and shoving it in the nest to entice them in....but so far it's not working. I was going out today to get them a cup nest (which is open rather than enclosed), but with a temp of minus 5C when I woke up at 8, I knew I wasn't going anywhere as I feel too rough. It's not an urgent errand so they can spend a few more nights sleeping on top the nest instead of in it. 
It's not rocket science guys!
I know birds are happy on a perch, but I feel bad that they aren't snuggling down, resting their legs at night. Every other bird has had a previous resident to tell them the nest is a safe place. I can't put them in there as they don't exactly love humans. I guess millet doesn't smell strong enough to get them into the not that scary hole. It's a brand new nest so it doesn't even have the smell of the previous tenants. I have not very bright birds! 
Maybe my birds are like this minion...


No comments: