Tuesday 1 March 2016

Twisted Reflections by Shay West (Young Adult, 10/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

Yes those are Egyptian pyramids
 July 2014, Booktrope, 192 pages, Ebook, Review copy 

Content: some major peril

Summary from Booktrope
Alexis Davenport is learning to come to grips with her ability to travel through time, but she still hasn’t been able to stop the evil Drifter and his Master from trying to alter the past.

When she travels back to ancient Egypt, Alex gets a most unexpected surprise; she meets someone who can help her figure out how to use her powers, another Traveler like herself.

But can Alex learn how to control her gift before Drifter finds a way to stop her from meddling in his Master’s plans?
 
Nayu's thoughts  
Despite not liking how Alex behaves, it's a captivatig time travel read. I loved her joy when she got a new house with her mum, with pretty furniture and her own bathroom. Her friend gets jealous which I understood, because all too often people can see the good parts of your life and not realise a lot of anguish accompanies the perks. 

Boy does Alex hae a lot of issues. I'm not saying what thy are, but I will say she acts like a brat durin some of them. I understand she is scared and confused, not just about the time travel which is really cool, but about normal teen issues. Thankfully one issue gets resolved by the end, but there are several which makes me eager for book 3. Hormones aside Alex is quite illogical, which makes it harder for me to like her - I'm more of an emotions girl -but there's somethig about the story that has me hooked even when I think she is being ridiculous.

Find out more on Shay's website.

No comments: