Friday 28 August 2015

The Magical Animal Adoption Agency #2 The Enchanted Egg by Kallie George and Alexandra Boiger (Children's, 9 years +, 10E/10E)

This cute cover gives a clue about the gentle nature of the story!
  November 2015, Disney-Hyperion, 320 pages, Ebook, Review copy from NetGalley

Content: magic, animals, humour, 

There's a new resident at the Magical Animal Adoption Agency-but this one hasn't hatched yet! Mr. Jams brought home an enchanted egg from his last journey, and Clover can't wait to find out what kind of creature the polka-dotted shell contains.
But one morning when Clover checks on the cozy nest of feathers she's made for the egg, she finds it empty, and the baby animal is nowhere in sight!
Clover is anxious to find the creature, but the Agency is full of visitors looking for pets of their own. Will Clover be able to match them with their perfect companions and save the mysterious animal before Mr. Jams returns from his trip?  
Nayu's thoughts
Ah, Disney-Hyperion, how I'm loving all the girly reads I'm slowly discovering from you! While I haven't yet read the first book in this cute series, I didn't feel that I was missing anything by being plunged into Clover's world. It is so cool that she gets to help out with magical creatures, taking care of them, having a great deal of responsibility which in our world probably wouldn't happen to one so young.

I liked how certain characters weren't as I expected they would be (from my own experience of similar characters in other books). I could feel Clover's panic when things started going a little wrong, and liked how she managed to cope when disaster struck. The creatures are cute and funny, and has me wanting Clover's job. I guess I'll settle for my cat and birds, and reread this a lot so I can care for mischievous animals from the comfort of a sofa. 

Find out more on Kallie's website and Alexandra's website

Available to pre-order from bookstores including NRC affiliate Foyles. 

Suggested read 
Another magical read which just so happens to be published by Disney-Hyperion is Eden's Wish by M Tara Crowl (Children's, 9 years +, 10E/10E)

No comments: