Monday 22 June 2015

What are YOU reading? #273

 
 
 
 
 
What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.
 
 
 
 
 
Read


Murder Freshly Baked by Vannetta Chapman
Amish Fiction, Christian fiction
10E/10E
(This super fun & a little bit creepy murder mystery involving Amish & non-Amish residents alike is a must read!)


 
Brightest and Best by Olivia Newport
Amish fiction, Christian fiction
10E/10E
(A new to me Amish author but one who I think will become familiar over time as her Amish work is great!)
 
 

The Shield of Kuromori by Jason Rohan
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Cue one vaguely angry reviewer as I'm super annoyed the issue facing my favourite character wasn't resolved!!)


 
The Ceruleans #3: Wild Blue Yonder by Megan Tayte
Young Adult
10E/10E
(The revelations Scarlett gets upon reaching Cerulea after dying are whoppers.)

 
 
 
 

 
Listened

 
The Quran
10E/10E
(I listen to it a fair amount but Ramadan is the perfect time to get back into listening daily for a pick me up...)

 
 
 
Pea's Book of Birthdays by Susie Day
Children's, 9 years +
 10E/10E
(I love listening to what is essentially a reread again. Pea's family gets me through the tough days in life...)


 
The Pony Mad Princess by Diana Kimpton
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E
(New to me super cute series about a princess who wears pink [not necessarily liking it] and adores horses!)

 
 
 
 
 

 
Watched
 
 
My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Season 4
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(I finally finished this series and now I understand why and how Twilight feels like a princess and gets her own castle!)


 
My Little Pony Equestria Girls
Anime movie, English version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(This film never gets old with my favourite fillies...)


 
My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks
Anime movie, English version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(Now I've watched all of season 4 so this makes a bit more sense...)


 
Strawberry Marshmallow
Slice of life anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(This gentle anime is without subs but it's not super fast and uses ordinary language so I'm able to keep up ok.)


 
Pop Pixie
Anime, French version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(Chatta, Lockette and co always make me smile with their antics!)


 
Strawberry Shortcake aka Charlotte Aux Fraises Fraisi Paradis
Anime, French version
REWATCH! - 10E/10E
(This is one of my primary watches in Ramadan because of the focus on friendship and improving character traits. & it's soooo cute!)


 
 
 
 
 
 
 Crafts, games, and more
I can happily say I'm gaming!
 
 
Watching a lot of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic led me to picking up where I'd paused the 10E/10E Gameloft game which is heaps of fun ^o^ 
 
 
 
Craft wise I had a few attempts before a successful one of a flower for a new shawl I'm making for myself, which was part of my work leaving gift. So pretty, and I'm sure I'll have memorised the pattern in no time. I aim to do 1 flower a day (or so).
 
 
 
 

I've also been working on my commissioned Autumn Leaf Dream blanket, which is almost ¼ done!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: