Tuesday 21 April 2015

Lily and Bear by Lisa Stubbs (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E, short 'n' sweet review)

Loving the tutu!
2nd April 2015, Boxer Books, 32 pages, Hardback, Review copy,
 
Content: love, cuteness

Summary from Boxer Books
Lily loves Bear and Bear loves Lily. Lily loves to draw - and one day she draws Bear. Lily and Bear are best friends. And being friends means taking turns. So some of the day they do Lily things and some of the day they do Bear things. A truly magical book about the give and take of friendship.

Nayu's Thoughts  
This isn't just another cute picture book. In the weeks leading to the book dropping through my letter box (actually I think the postman handed it to me...), I received a few postcards from Boxer Books. 
POSTCARD PICS
Aren't they cute? It added to my anticipation of Lily's story about Bear, and provides me a way of remembering the story, since I've passed it on to a little girl who happens to be called Lily. The activities which Lily does with her bear are ones I did with my favourite bear, (she doesn't quite play monopoly or put her bear on the windowsill waiting for her return from school) and some new ones too. The style of illustration shouts out cute and cuddly, as well as cementing the obvious love Lily has for Bear. This feel good story is a must for your bookshelf! 

Psst, Lisa has her own blog!  

No comments: