Monday 16 February 2015

What are YOU reading? #256




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




Read


Obsession in Death by J. D. Robb
Crime, Thriller
9/10E
(1st book I've read of this futuristic murder read and somehow I loved it by the end whereas at the beginning it was only an ok read...)




A Home For Shimmer by Cathy Hopkins
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(A new school leads to animal rescuing and new friends for Amy, with lots of glitches too!)




The Naming of Tishkin Silk by Glenda Millard and Caroline Magerl
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Cot death from the view of an older brother makes a powerful read...)




Don't Chew on the Royal Shoe by Kate Leake
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Another brilliant read with characters looking rather familiar in this shoe filled tale...)




Layla Queen of Hearts by Glenda Millard and Stephen Michael King
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(A tale of a girl who might as well have been born a silk who learns about dementia directly...)








Listened


Winx Club Believix
Music album, English version
10/10E
(It's ace listening to songs from one of my favourite shows!)




Winx En Concert
Music album, French version
10E/10E
(This is the CD I constantly listen to whenever I use my car. Needless to say I know it off by heart!)




Falling To Pieces by Vannetta Chapman
Amish Fiction, Crime
10E/10E
(I'm so pleased I kept going at the beginning when I wasn't keen on the narration - I'm now almost 50% through & loving it!)




Haibane Renmi soundtrack
Anime music
10E/10E
(It dawned on me I could probably listen to this and many other soundtracks on Youtube and I can! Love the opening song ^o^)




Spice and Wolf soundtrack
Anime music
10E/10E
(Been thinking of Holo a lot lately-and I adore the opening song of the 1st season!)




Aikatsu soundtrack
Anime music
10E/10E
(Whether I want upbeat or sedate music, Aikatsu has it all!)








Watched


Hanamaru Kindergarten
Anime, Japanese version
10/10E
(A light, super cute humour filled anime perfect to watch before bed about a precocious girl who adores her teacher...)




Aikatsu:  Season 3
Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Still bowled over how much I love this show because it makes me happy!)




Holby City
Medical drama, English version
10/10E
(Story is heating up with Mo finally fessing up to their family ties and Rachel getting really sick as she runs away to her teacher boyfriend [a topic I'm seeing more in fiction at the moment]...)




Top Gear
Car show, English version
10/10E
(I was crying with laughter; it was that funny with their take on ambulances!)




Ever After High
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(It's just like reading the books! Happy Nayu ^o^)




Lilpri
Music idol anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(This is a good anime to watch when I want to do craft alongside it. I do stop for the dance scenes...)




PriPara
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Got lots of new ones to watch after I've rewatched the early ones. Love how much Lala has to learn in the early episodes!)









Games, craft & more
This week has been a quiet gaming week as I've been more focused on other things, so just a quick play on my favourite Gameloft Games...



....My Little Pony, Ice Age Village & Littlest Pet Shop for Android.



Craft wise I’ve done a lot. 



I’ve started a cute cross stitch kit for a family member (birthday in November so plenty of time to make it). I love owls, which are rather popular at the moment, and this will fit their house perfectly.
Cute & colourful!


I’ve discovered finger crochet, useful when you don't have a large enough crochet hook - more on that in another post soon.
It's a good finger work out!

My first baby blanket for Nayu’s Crochet Dreams is finished! Really pleased with it, including the border which I invented.
Not a good picture, but you can sort of see the pattern of it.


I’m also continuing with a sand and blue blanket - I'm excited about revealing the item's name once it is finished! 







No comments: