Monday 9 February 2015

What are YOU reading? #255




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


What If by Rebecca Donovan
New Adult
9/10E
(Not at all what I'd expected but a very good read. I successfully guessed part of the plot, the rest was a happy surprise.)





Thoughtless by S C Stephens
New Adult
8/10E
(Music themed read with a lot of emotions explored.)





Elspeth Hart and the School For Show-Offs by Sarah Forbes and James Brown
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E
(A horrid start leads to a wonderful-ish end for orphan Elspeth...)





Chestnut Hill Team Spirit by Lauren Brooke
Children's, 11 years +
10E/10E
(The nature of the plot and knowing the characters from previous books had me so gripped I couldn't stop reading this horse riding boarding school tale. Girls can be so mean and self obsessed!)









Listened
It dawned on me that I rarely finish a tv show yet include them in my meme, so I'm going to include audiobooks regardless of how far I've listened. 



The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and Cafe by Mary Simses
Contemporary Fiction
8/10E
(Finished, but nowhere near enough of a food fiction tale as the title implied...)





Man At the Helm by Nina Stibbe
Contemporary Fiction
9/10E
(Positively hilarious and realistic recount of a child whose parents split up when she was little. Some mature content hence it is adult fiction...)










Watched


Cendrillon/Cinderella
REWATCH! - Anime series, French version
10E/10E
(It's become a perfect anime to watch alongside doing craft, a sweet tale with lots of hardship, hope and some joy.)





Winx Season 2
REWATCH! - Anime, French version
10E/10E
(Eagerly waiting for the girls to get Charmix powers!)





Gunslinger Girl
REWATCH! - Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Discovered the bonus features of the dvd which interestingly gave the voice actors' opinions of this ace show...)





Ever After High
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(Discovered this on Netflix, desperately hoping it gets released on DVD as it's a Netflix exclusive and I only have it for a month! It is the story of the awesome books, and seeing how cute I think the dolls are I was fangirling when I saw this show!)





Top Gear car show: Season 22
English version
9/10E
(Yet again my cat left my lap cos I laughed too hard at the trio's antics while driving cars around!)





Casualty
Medical drama, English version
8/10E
(I  vaguely remember more Connie drama but that's about it!)





Holby City
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(Marie-Claire was unfairly accused of spilling the beans to a potential donor recipient's wife!)





Call the Midwife
Medical drama, English version
10/10E
(The strict new midwife releases her softer side when younger midwives deal with a crisis...)





Anywhere But Here
Film, English version
9/10E
(An easy watch film with some dismal parts [not in a bad sense] with one of my favourite actresses, Natalie Portman!)





Material Girls
Comedy, English version
9/10E
(Spoilt rich girls lose everything yet are determined to find the truth of their troubles, with much humour and a fun if obvious plot twist...)





H2O Just Add Water
REWATCH! - Teen drama, English version
9/10E
(Needed some mermaid drama and this fits the bill!)





Alias:  Season 1
REWATCH! - Thriller drama, English version
9/10E
(This full on show is awesome to pretend I am a spy--James Bond doesn't compare to this simply because Sydney is a girl. Yay!)





My Little Pony Friendship is Magic:  Season 4
Anime, English version
10E/10E
(This show keeps getting cooler with the fillies getting sucked into a superhero book and having to defeat the villain with Spike!)





Aikatsu: Season 3
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(When this season first started I didn't like Akari and friends as much as Ichigo and co. Now I love her and Sumire as much as Ichigo and Mizuki!)





Shugo Chara
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
9/10E
(I love the humour, costumes and transformations in this show which offers really good advice for self-esteem and inner strength.)









Craft, Games and more
This week I've been working on a secret sewing project, as is the norm. I can show you my progress on this cute bookmark!




I've done more than a few rows on a white and yellow baby blanket.. 
 
...and finally finished a colourful blanket, with the border made up by me! Picture to follow later in the week.


Gaming has been the same Gameloft games, although I've only collected the money each day rather than leveling up so no news other than they are fun! 






No comments: