Monday 10 November 2014

What are YOU reading? #243





What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.



Read


Even Angels Fall by F L Darbyshire
New Adult
10E/10E
(A compelling read exploring all aspects of the impact of drug use...)










Listened


Summer With My Sister by Lucy Diamond
Contemporary Fiction
9/10E
(Totally engaging despite one sister being extremely annoying with bad characteristics for a lot of the novel that made me sigh a lot. She does learn her lesson and quit being a diva!)










Watched


Holby City
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(I'm traumatised by Colette leaving, only mildly comforted by the fact Guy is finally having to face up to the seriousness of Sozia's mental instability.)





Casualty
Medical drama, English version
9/10E
(Still think there must be a new producer or something since the more staff based plots have me fully engaged and happy, minus Rita who I'm not liking at the moment...)





Waterloo Road
School drama, English version
9/10E
(The new season [10th?] is chock full of melodrama, touching on teen pregnancies [Rhiannon] and bullying [the newly returned Gabriella], all issues which sadly are still issues.)





Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I've now watched the last episode that I have rewatched, the rest will all be new to me! Excited about the pairings for the partners' cup! All the pairs are exciting, especially Yurika and Kaede, whose friendship has been strengthened after an almost fight.)





PriPara
(Some) REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Seen up to episode 18, which has shocking revelations which make the anime a bit odd, but somehow I still adore it. Started rewatching it too just because it's fun!)









Craft, gaming and more
3 days of headaches meant not much reading, and not even as much crochet as expected since I helped someone in my family turn a skein into several balls of yarn-I never want to see a skein again! Too many knots...



I did make a lot of progress on a blanket for family.  I made but have yet to sew up a pair of fingerless gloves for Nayu's Crochet Dreams.  And I started working on 2 almost identical blankets for a friend's two girls...



The alternate colour combination should help them be able to tell them apart.


Naturally after needing ketamine pain treatment I had to make some fudge...



Headaches meant a distinct lack of screen time, so no gaming of note except for great fun had by continuing my replaying of Final Fantasy 10. Rikku is on the scene!




No comments: