Monday 30 June 2014

What are YOU reading? #224




What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.





Read


The Babysitter's Club: Claudia and the Phantom Caller by Ann M Martin
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(A spooky crime adventre from my childhood favourite babysitter characters!)





Mermaid, Inc. by Caroline Mickelson
Paranormal Romance
8/10E
(A mermaid becomes human to save the whales!)





The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me by Lucy Robinson
Romantic comedy, Romance, Fiction
9/10E
(A rough road about training to be an opera singer...)





Head Over Heart by Colette Victor
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Zeynab has to make a decision about whether she follows the Islamic practice of wearing the headscarf and not having a boyfriend...)





The Babysitters Club Super Special #1 Baby-sitters On Board! by Ann M. Martin
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E





The Babysitters Club #3 The Truth About Stacey by Ann M. Martin
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E





The Brave Kitten by Holly Webb
Children's, 7 years +
10E/10E
(Such a sweet tale about a kitten who goes through a rough patch when he is runover...)









Listened


Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Young Adult
9/10E
(Kind of a reread....I find it even more hilarious than just reading it. I know it's not meant to be a comedy but I find it entertaining...)











Watched


Casualty
Medical drama, English
4/10E
(The episode was so uninteresting to me I debated stopping watching it. I won't for 3 reasons; it's one of a few shows I watch with my family, I have great fun sending comments by text to a friend who watches it, and the end of the episode was so not dull that I'm eager to see what the evil lady will do! Feels odd to love the antagonist...maybe that's the writer in me!)





Holby City
Medical drama, English
8/10E
(Significantly better than the show it spun off from, Casualty. I think I prefer hospital settings rather than outside a hospital in different places as how patients got hurt is revealed. Had missed last week's episode despite thinking I saw it. I love Jac soooo much! My friend had better be right in saying Jac will return. I'm not happy with her abandoning her baby Emma to Jonny, but I do see why she did it...)





My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic
REWATCH! - Anime, English
10E/10E
(Discovered there's an album of the show's music! Treated myself to the two upbeat songs by Pinkie Pie about smiling + being positive  and laughing at things that scare you.)





Aikatsu
Anime, Japanese
10E/10E
(WOW OH WOW!!! Reached the late 70th episode, the show continues getting better. Excited about rewatching it all and seeing the new to me episodes after Ramadan. Mizuki is back performing! She provides an interesting plot twist, cute clothes and a fun song. Sigh. I love this show! 1 and a bit days to try and cram in the remaining episodes that have been released.)










Craft, games and more
Here's a final picture of the blanket I gave my friend...



And now I've started a baby blanket for a family member. Another family member said they were knitting a blanket using self-patterning yarn. I thought a blanket was perfect so I'm doig a crochet one, with single colour yarn-I'd wanted self patterning but I didn't want to steal my family member's thunder.



Been gaming on the same 3 games this week! 



Amazingly for Ice Age Village by Gameloft
9/10E
I managed to win the best prizes on Scrat's piranha game-lots of money AND a cute new fox! Never ever win the animal so was chuffed to bits.





My Little Pony by Gameloft
...gets 10E/10E despite several glitches because it is so much fun.
One time the game wouldn't play on Kindle Fires, but was thankfully resolved in a day. Apparently the what can only be described as swarms of parasprites (flying bugs) that I barely get hecorrect crystals to nuke them is a technical bug. Gameloft do have a good customer service teaml especially considering the game is free.





I did give in and buy a small bundle of coins or gems on Littlest Pet Shop by Gameloft.
This 10E/10E is awesome.
I got extra houses for the pets and now saving like mad for my favourite one that I can get with coins, as the gems which is how you get most of the pets take forever to save. Games are ace! 






No comments: