Monday 10 February 2014

What are YOU reading? #205



What are you reading on Monday? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where you post books completed last week and plans for upcoming books. Jump over to her blog and see who else is participating.




READ


Little Bear and the Butterflies by Susan Quinn and Caroline Pedler
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(A book full of awww moments....my review...)





The Executioner's Daughter
Children's, 10 years +
9/10E
(Ended up being not what I expected but a very clever story!)





Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Young Adult
8/10E
(Quite an entertaining read about a teen spending a year at boarding school in Paris...)





Magic Trix: Secrets and Spies by Sara Grant
Children's, 9 years +
10E/10E
(Trix's little brother is more than a little bit of a pain...my review...)





Oksa Pollock: The Lost Hope by Anne Plichota and Cendrine Wolf
Children's, 11 years +
10E/10E
(I loathe making comparisons, but to me this is better than Harry Potter!)





A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
 Adapted by Anne Rooney, Illustrated by David Shephard
Children's, 9 years +
8/10E
(A good version of a classic tale...)





The Otter Who Loved To Hold Hands by Heidi and Daniel Howarth
Children's, Picture book
10E/10E
(Welcome to an awwww cuuute fest!)





Looking For JJ by Anne Cassidy
Young Adult
10E/10E
(Not all killers are bad...)





Star For A Day by Jean Ure
Children's, 8 years +
10E/10E
(Lucy finds something she is good at that her sister isn't....)





Princess Ponies: Best Friends Forever by Chloe Ryder
Children's, 7 years +
10/10E
(An excellent end to the series...)





Squirrel's Busy Day by Lucy Barnard
Children's, Picture Book
10E/10E
(Squirrel's friends are true friends!)










WATCHED


Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Seeing this version with more eps being subtitled helps hugely in understanding the story better. )





Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live
Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(I couldn't help myself! I simply had to start rewatching this series which is part of the PrettyRhythm franchise but is a tad different to the other shows.)





Holby City
Drama, English version
8/10E
(Arthur suffers from green monster syndrome while Jack is a slightly forward thinking new mother-baby Emma is barely a few weeks old and already Jack is looking at boarding schools...)





Top Gear
Documentary, English version
10E/10E
(I usually laugh a lot during this carshow. I'm not a huge car person but the trio of presenters are highly entertaining, so much so my family, who were on the phone as I watched this on my tablet, wondered why I was howling with laughter and having tears streaming down my face. I nearly got a stitch from laughing so much in this 1st episode of the latest series on BBC2...)





Call the Midwife
Drama, English version
8/10E
(This is one of a few shows I watch with my family. I love the nuns who are rather funny!)






Aikatsu
REWATCH! - Anime, Japanese version
10E/10E
(Saved the best til last! Can't get enough of this fun show. Ichigo is like me in so many ways...)








Craft and other hobbies
Since I had ketamine treatement this weekend all I've really done is read a lot. I've done a bit more sewing,  and that's it for this week. 



No comments: