Friday 6 December 2013

Peppa Pig: The Story of Prince George (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E)



October 2013, Ladybird, 24 pages, Hardback Review copy

Themes: bedtime routine, bedtime story, royalty, favourite foods, bravery, making friends

Content: Lots of laughs

Summary from Puffin
Granny Pig is telling Peppa and George a bedtime story, and this time it's the story of Prince George the brave knight. Prince George lives in a castle with his sister Princess Peppa and a cook and a wizard. But when a fearsome dragon appears, it's up to George to save the day.

Nayuleska's thoughts 
This is my first ever Peppa Pig book and I love it! It gave me a warm glowing feeling as I read about
Peppa and George starring in their own royal story. I loved Prince George's expression of sheer delight when he spotted the dragon (which can be seeen in bed with him earlier on). Peppa seems a down to earth princess, who is gracious to the dragon once Prince George realise what the dragon's problem is. The end was a surprise too, one that made me laugh some more. I recommend Peppa Pig to everyone who likes to smile!

Suggested read
Another sweet tale Nat the Cat's Sunny Smile by Jez Alborough (Children's, Picture book, 10E/10E)

No comments: