Thursday 27 December 2012

Daisy Star Ooh La La! by Cathy Cassidy (Children's, 7 years +, 10/10)


October 2012, Puffin
192 pages, Paperback
Review copy

Themes: school life, friends changing, school trips, Paris, dreams, trying to find your talent, trying too hard, artists, art sellers, crushed dreams, friendships rekindled, lots of laughs, a few tears and 'oh no' moments

Summary from Puffin

Daizy can't believe that primary school is nearly over and when Miss Moon surprises Year Six with a trip to France Daizy wants it to be perfect... 

Paris might be the city of poets, painters and chocolate croissants, but so far Daizy's no closer to finding her own star quality. And with Willow and Beth acting weirdly (not to mention Ethan Miller) will Daizy's dream trip turn into a nightmare?

Nayuleska's thoughts

It's been a while since I read the first book in Daizy's series, yet she's still quite a character. I love her. She tries so hard at everything she does. I like how she's very mixed over the way her friends are changing - it's exactly how I've felt with my friends when I was little. The transition from child to teenager is an emotional one. I wanted to hug Daizy and tell her that things would work out in the end - and they do. Until they do though I wanted to cry for her at times. She gets carried away a few times with dreams, which is what I tend to do. She needs to learn to be herself, rather than trying to be brilliant at things just so she can have star quality in this 10/10 read.

You can find out more on Cathy's website.

Suggested read

Check out the book where Daizy gets introduce, Shine On, Daisy Star

1 comment:

Sra said...

I have visited Paris on my school trip. the best experience with http://www.rocknrolladventures.com/